Texans! Help with the State Fair!

This is a discussion on Texans! Help with the State Fair! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there anyone that has gone to the Texas State Fair with a concealed handgun? I am just curious as to whether or not they ...

Thread: Texans! Help with the State Fair!

Texans! Help with the State Fair!

Is there anyone that has gone to the Texas State Fair with a concealed handgun? I am just curious as to whether or not they allow concealed carry or not. I have done some looking, but couldn't find out whether or not we could.
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Call them and see if it is posted with the 30.06 sign.

I did that for our area fair this past weekend. Of course they said it was posted when I called them, but I didn't think that they actually had signs up so I carried anyway. Well upon getting to the gate and waiting for the other group that was meeting us, I did locate the correct signage, so I got to walk back to the Jeep and lock up the pistol in the console.

I think this particular place only posts the signage during the 9 day period of our fair, other times I believe it is removed for other functions. May be worth the call depending on how far it is back to the car.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    http://www.bigtex.com/generalinfo/faqs/bring.html

A person holding a valid concealed handgun license is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun. Licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor. Handguns will not be permitted inside the Cotton Bowl, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place." We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Guns at the Fair

Be prepaired to be stopped when the little guys with the wands check you. Do Not expose your firearm just show your CHL. They will take you to the side and call their off duty cop paid by them to record your name etc. You will be delayed about 15 minutes to 1 hour. Be cool and just like heartburn it will pass. They can't post a 30.06 sign because the Fair is owned by the city.

I have seen many post on this. Most will say, when you get to the security check, tell them you have a CHL or just show then your CHL. No need to go through the WAND. They will then call for the LEO to check your CHL.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Thanks all. Seeing how the Texas State Fair is not in the "nicest" part of town, I did not feel comfortable keeping my gun inside the car. Getting mugged to and from the fair while my weapon is in the car is not my idea of fun...
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Links