Las Vegas Members- Gun Store Recommendation?

This is a discussion on Las Vegas Members- Gun Store Recommendation? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've bought all my handguns off Gunbroker and never had a problem until recently. Which Gun store can you recommend in town? The only comment ...

Thread: Las Vegas Members- Gun Store Recommendation?

Las Vegas Members- Gun Store Recommendation?

I've bought all my handguns off Gunbroker and never had a problem until recently. Which Gun store can you recommend in town? The only comment I've heard is to avoid American Shooters. I can't even get quotes over the phone from the shops and I'd prefer not driving all over town to check prices/service. Thanks.

To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want ‘em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot ‘em. -Ted Nugent

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    American Shooters is a great range, but I've never bought guns there-prices have been too high. I buy all of my guns from the Gun Store, on E Tropicana. I've gotten 5 pistols, and 1 AR15 since August of 2005. They have good prices, at least the best that I've seen in Vegas. I've checked Discount Firearms, as well as most of the others, and the Gun Store always has come out on top. The only exception that I've found is that while looking at the Socom II rifles from Springfield Armory, the Black Rifle Armory in Henderson had the best deal. On hand guns, The Gun Store has been good to me. I bought my XD 45 4" service model for $509 last June, which was a decent price. When I bought my Beretta 92FS in August 05, it was cheaper there than had seen. After that, I never checked the prices of the Glock 19, the 26, or the Kel-tec P11.By the way, the range at Discount Firearms, looks good, but they're more expensive by a few bucks that American Shooters. The range at the Gun Store is tiny, and cold in the winter. I took my CCW class there, and qualified at their range. And, when you buy one of their guns, they won't charge you for qualifying with it (good deal, since they provide the ammo0

+1 The Gun Store.

Avoid the weekends!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Never bought anything from The Gun Store, but have made many visits aside from taking my permit class there. I've heard that there prices are some of the best depending on what you're looking for. Its been suggested to me to check out Black Rifle Armory in Henderson. There is a "Mom n Pop" gunshop in Henderson called Smith's Firearms that has GREAT deals on a low volume of inventory. Google them for their phone number because appointment is required. They run it out of their home. Very nice couple that just love being in the business.
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Call Glenn at Bargain Pawn. I got a S & W 442 from him last week for $399. He quoted the price over the phone and when I told him I wanted it he got it for me in a couple of days.

He does ffl transfers for $20.00. Tell him I sent you.

Ken

In Henderson...

Center Mass Firearms (702) 558-7890
    www.centermassfirearms.com
    Good selection of sporting and "black" rifles, mostly tupperware pistols, small 3 bay indoor range. 2 standard bays, and one "simulator." They'll order anything you want, and I've found their prices competitive with online retailers.

Spurlock's Gun Shop 702-564-5668
    Great sporting selection, largest reloading supplies section this side of town, small used handgun section and also small new section. Will order whatever you want. Least expensive shop this side of town for 3rd party FFL transfers.

Black Rifle Armory (702) 558-4140

The name says it all. Also a good selection of handguns. Have heard good things about them, but have not shopped there.

In Las Vegas...

The Gun Store (702) 454-1110
    www.thegunstorelasvegas.com

Probably the best prices on in-stock handguns. Decent selection of rifles and shotguns. Indoor range. This place is *packed* on the weekends with people doing CCW classes and renting NFA weapons for use on their range. Unless you like shopping malls on the weekend before Christmas, go to the Gun Store during the week.

Best,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    Call Glenn at Bargain Pawn. I got a S & W 442 from him last week for $399. He quoted the price over the phone and when I told him I wanted it he got it for me in a couple of days.

He does ffl transfers for $20.00. Tell him I sent you.

Ken
    I've used Glen for my FFL transfers for many years. A great guy.

I lived in the las vegas area for 30 years and Just moved.

The gun shops I purchased 90% of my stuff was :

Spurlock's Gun Shop 702-564-5668
    Great sporting selection, largest reloading supplies section this side of town, small used handgun section and also small new section. Will order whatever you want. Least expensive shop this side of town for 3rd party FFL transfers.

and/or
    Accuracy Gun shop on Boulder Highway between Russell & Trop. Probly the largest selection of reloading supplies including the Bass Pro shop. The have a huge variety of powders, shell holders, decapping pins and factory bullets, Sierra Etc.

However it like all gun shops the more time you spend in them the better you get treated $$$$$$$$
    Last edited by Beans; September 25th, 2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Links