When are the schools going to learn

This is a discussion on When are the schools going to learn within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So another shooting in a school. I am sorry if this is a repost. www.amny.com/news/local/c...ining_util...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are the schools going to learn

When are the schools going to learn

So another shooting in a school. I am sorry if this is a repost.
    www.amny.com/news/local/c...ining_util
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Bad link.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    My concern is what the terrorists are planning. I've heard it has to do with the schools.

Schools

Pro2A,...absolutely correct. There is a large body of evidence to support that schools are their future primary targets. Everyone should be particularily diligent in reporting suspicious persons and activities near schools to police, this is no joke! What better way to attack the fabric of our society than to attack and kill our children, particularly "middle school" age children. Lots of intel coming in to make one very alarmed about this.
    Good Luck
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Google search "beslan". Look for an analysis by John Guidick. Schools are absolutly on the terror "to do" list.

No link...but in answer to your question...
    Schools are not in a position to learn at this point...I work in a school...and have worked in schools for almost four decades...
    In the beginning we used to allow guns in lockers, in cars, or held in the office (the expensive ones...didn't want them taken)...kids used them to hunt after school. Now it is all different, and somewhere between the and zero tolerance policies, we have completely screwed up our society.
    baaaaaad, baaaaaad...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Is this the one you were trying to get?
    http://www.amny.com/news/local/am-st...,7279067.story

If this is it, it looks like he never got a shot off. Oh, and it was a 50cal blackpowder rifle....

I can hear the anti's now...we really need to get those civil war rifles off the streets...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I'm sure schools are doing everything they can to prevent such occurrences.

By "everything" I mean they are hanging up more "Anti Gun" signs and demanding that no guns be allowed on campus. The usual silly nonsense.

I used to think that schools were places of learning. Why is learning apparently beyond the capacity of those in charge?

The idea of a school attack is scary... especially since we can't carry. Maybe concealed is concealed after all.
    Half measures availed us nothing...

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    If this is it, it looks like he never got a shot off. Oh, and it was a 50cal blackpowder rifle....

I can hear the anti's now...we really need to get those civil war rifles off the streets...
    What?! Sorry, but a black powder musket doesn't qualify as a "powerful .50 caliber rifle" in the sense of a .50 BMG.

I do wonder why he was carrying it around wearing a President Mask, but it seems like about the worst weapon anyone could ever choose for a campus rampage.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

When are the schools going to learn?
    When the last child is dead.

So long as head-in-sand administrators, instead of educators, run schools, this will absolutely be the case. For many children, this will become one of the most poignant life lessons they'll ever learn. I'd like to think the adults in power will learn from it as easily. We'll just have to see.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"...and his mask, which looks vaguely like Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush, turned heads..."

So his mask couldn't have looked like Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton? Freakin' mainstream media.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

I was really hoping that the VT massacre was going to make some positive changes at my university (i.e. letting CCWers carry) but aside from a candle light vigil....NOTHING. I'm glad universities are making big changes like improved text messaging systems. "My son died but I feel better because at least he was warned about it".
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

I believe schools will start to learn once the gunman go into the administration buildings and not the classrooms.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    I believe schools will start to learn once the gunman go into the administration buildings and not the classrooms.
    You mean, right at the time of the administrator's death, he might finally learn? I doubt it -- those people just don't have a warrior mindset -- they go by the odds against something bad happening to them, but if it does go down, they have NOTHING they can do except pray.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links