Home invasion

This is a discussion on Home invasion within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This morning at 5:30 an unknown number of goblins kicked in the door of an apartment in my complex and proceeded to rob the couple ...

Thread: Home invasion

Home invasion

This morning at 5:30 an unknown number of goblins kicked in the door of an apartment in my complex and proceeded to rob the couple at gunpoint.

Of course I'm blissfully rolling out of bed and showering at the same time.

At 6:15, supposedly around the same time as said goblins are skeedadleing, I'm walking out to my car to drive to the airport.

You see, I'm a charter pilot and we're not allowed to carry, both by company policy and regulations. So, I leave my carry piece at home on these days.

How close did I come to being a victim? I'm thanking God I'll never know for sure.

No cops, no sirens, no security. Of course, some of the "gated" complexes in my city have gates that are either broken and left open or just left open. But it's nice to have to pay for the extra "security", even if it is non-existant.

2. Remove Ads

I know how you feel, I used to live in a "gated" apartment complex, in Charlotte NC. My girlfriend and I paid, almost $1000 a month, to live in this, so called safe, complex. I came home to find my, beloved motorcycle, stolen in broad daylight, of course noone saw a thing. Oh and by the way, the gate to our "gated" community, was broken that day, which was not unusual, our "safety gates" seemed to malfunction, at least once a week. My lesson from this, is gates only keep honest people out.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Administrator
    There is a large, very nice gated apartment complex that is just out side of the city that I work in. All summer long they get hard with people breaking into cars etc. Why is a logical question... because its far to easy.
    First, people tend to neglect locking their car doors. After all, they are behind castle walls.

Second, the enter on foot or through one of the few easy ways that they can defeat the fence. Police are only going to enter the one way- Through the gate. Often, these places do not give the police codes to get in if needed. Fire dept has them by law, police do not.

Even if they do have them, BG's know in an instant that the 5-0 has arrived.
    Third, often times its a job done from the inside. Your neighbors kid and his buddies.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I have a buddy who delivers pizza and has most if not all of the codes for the gated communities in his area. Who gives them away? The people ordering pizza.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Half of the time the delay on them closing are so long so the property doesn't get sued for damaging a vehicle, that the BGs just come in after a car has gone through. Or even better pull up as it is closing activating the pressure plates and it opens right back up. The GG who just went through are none the wiser because they think that they entered the code or are a resident any way. Another name for a "security gate" is "false sense of security gate".
    Why walk softly and carry a BIG stick when a BIG GUN is more efficient and you can walk however you want to?

Administrator
    I have discovered a universal code that works on every residental gate I've ever tried it on. Of course I wont share it here, I just thought it was interesting.

I would think it would be more of a PIA to deal with the gate than its worth.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I lived in a gated community once... There was even a guard in a guard shack to activate the gate and check those entering to see if they had the community sticker on their windshield. If you didn't have the sticker, they had to call you to see if you actually knew the person trying to visit.

However, the guard went off duty at 1 am and the gate left open the remainder of the night!

How stupid is that?

Oh yeah, I think on weekends the guard stayed until 2 am.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Let's not chase rabbits on gated security, Back to the OP Glad you were okay and not hurt. Maybe you should think about at least carrying until you reach work. Afterall there are lots of places between home and work where bad things can happen.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member
    A/w---a/p---a/t.....

Sorry for the folk who got invaded but glad it wasn't you.

Keep you alert level up.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have discovered a universal code that works on every residental gate I've ever tried it on. Of course I wont share it here, I just thought it was interesting.

I would think it would be more of a PIA to deal with the gate than its worth.
    And you can bet that one of your opponents on the other side of the law has found it also.

You don't have to be genius to realize that every coded, Security-Gated Complex in a Major City MUST share a universal code available to Emergency Responders; EMTs, Firemen, LEOs, etc. to allow their immediate entrance. If all those people know it...you can bet Granny's Iron Lung that the felons know it!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links