My bride finally did it!

My bride finally did it!

This is a discussion on My bride finally did it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My bride and a friend of hers (both RN's) went this weekend and took the CHL class and qualified on the range. In about 6-8 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bride finally did it!

My bride finally did it!

My bride and a friend of hers (both RN's) went this weekend and took the CHL class and qualified on the range. In about 6-8 weeks, they should have their license and be legal to carry in Texas and the reciprocals.

The bride brought the target from qualifying home and I'm happy to say she had one in the 7 ring, two in the 8 ring, and the rest in the 9/10 ring out of 50 rounds. Needless to say, I am very happy for her. She shoots a Pro Carry II and this was only her 5th or 6th time to shoot it. She has become fairly proficient in a short time with that piece, but since she picked her gun out out, I suppose that follows.

I feel pretty lucky to have a shooting partner that always wants to go to the range...the only drawback is that the range bag is always twice as heavy. Anybody else out there have this "problem"?
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Good shooting. You must be proud. Now, make sure she carries every day.

We should all have this "problem"! Congratulations on your foresight in allowing her to pick out the weapon she wanted. I don't know how many times I had the wives of fellow officers come out to the range with weapons their hubbys picked for them. Almost inevitably, it turned out to be either an ergonomic or marital disaster! God bless 'em, women are quite able to shoot with, and many times outshoot, their spouses/boyfriends if allowed their weapon of choice and given their training by others (another key ingredient to success).
    May God bless you and yours and may you two enjoy shooting (and
    possibly, hunting) together for many years. May your children inherit your enlightened attitude toward firearms. "Non Illigitimum Carborundum"
    PS: My wife is also an RN/BSN. I wonder if there's a connection there somewhere!
    Last edited by dhberry; October 1st, 2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added thought, germain to the message.

dhberry,

It must be the mindset of RN's...there typically kind of like mother hens, only with some attitude. And here's the kicker, both the bride and the daughter like to shoot and they're both better target shooters than me...oh well, I can live with this "problem" I suppose.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Assistant Administrator
    Fred - that is good to hear

As for ''double the range bag weight'' ....... well not quite for me as I have to nudge somewhat to get Mrs P95 to the range and when we go it is a session devoted mainly to her so - I actually carry less than one of my usual (take em all) sessions!

Please give 'Mrs Kompact' my best wishes.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompact9 View Post
    dhberry,

It must be the mindset of RN's...there typically kind of like mother hens, only with some attitude. And here's the kicker, both the bride and the daughter like to shoot and they're both better target shooters than me...oh well, I can live with this "problem" I suppose.
    Where do they work? I used to work St. Luke's-ER and my girlfriend still works the ICU there.

1943 - 2009
    The bride brought the target from qualifying home and I'm happy to say she had one in the 7 ring, two in the 8 ring, and the rest in the 9/10 ring out of 50 rounds
    You're obviously unaware of the unwritten forum rule which requires that anybody who boasts about a target must post pics of said target.

There are severe sanctions for violation of this rule!

Congrats to your lady!

Mighty fine shootin'!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I feel pretty lucky to have a shooting partner that always wants to go to the range...the only drawback is that the range bag is always twice as heavy. Anybody else out there have this "problem"?
    Sure do. My wife has carried for as long as I have. She carries an XD .40sc and I carry a Glock 23. Both .40 cal, so we don't have to buy 2 different kinds of ammo.

Now, if one of us can bite the bullet and switch to the same model gun we could swap mags in a firefight. But she loves her XD too much and dislikes the Glocks grip too much to switch. Looks like it might be me switching to an XD for EDC. Hey, I get a new gun out of it right...OH, stop twisting my arm!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yeah Mike, Good luck getting her to throw you one of her spare mags in a firefight! Just keep your head down and let her finish the fight!

That was the sheriff's mind-set on having all the tac-team officers have interchangabilty with their handguns and magazines.

Funny thing is, everyone says, they aint sharing their ammo in a firefight!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Kompact9

Congrats on your wife and her friend going after their CCW's! This is one club where "the more, the merrier" reigns true!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That's what I figured.

Honestly, if we are out with the kids and someone posed a threat to us or the kids, I doubt I'd even have to draw. For that matter, she might not either, she might just tear them apart with her bare hands. She can be very scary when she has to be.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yeah, I have that " problem" My wife LOVES to shoot and can go through PILE of ammo is a short time. Me and my Dillon 650 can hardly keep up, she thinks the ammo fairy magically refills the ammo boxes.

I'm lucky to have her, we enjoy shooting together.

...the only drawback is that the range bag is always twice as heavy.
    Some guys will gripe about anything. That's called a blessing where I come from.

VIP Member
    Congratulations. My wife cc also, and it makes me feel better. I like female shooters, I think they'd be bad surprises for the uninformed BG. BTW female shooters make good pro-gun voters too.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Yep. My wife (also an RN) loves to go to the range and I catch absolutely no shoo-shoo about buying anything related to our guns. Came home with an unexpected 1911 a month ago and she loved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links