Excellent article...some folks waking up?

This is a discussion on Excellent article...some folks waking up? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found this article today surfing over lunch. If more people could see things with this level of common sense....... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...=orl_news_util...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I found this article today surfing over lunch. If more people could see things with this level of common sense.......

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...=orl_news_util

Glad to see people opening there eyes and seeing the world the rest of us know.

Posted my 2 cents worth on there page.
    CCWINNC

HK P2000 .40SW
    Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
    XD 9 Service
    XD 9 SC
    Taurus 651 .357 mag

Makes sense to me. It's something I'm sure all of us have been saying for years.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Great article thanks for sharing.

Some of the comments were also very interesting. Especially the ones about the "cop killer" bullets. ROFL.

Yet another and from a major newspaper not some local town daily or journal.

Baby steps...

- Father Time
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Best Nutjob quote:

[QUOTE who="a3dvah3"]The Federal Goverment should have a special Force for no knock search on all property to remove all weapons that might cause harm . This would make us all safer,solve our unemployment problem and make our country UTOPIA !!!
    [/QUOTE]
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Good article, thanks for the link. I printed it out for future "use".
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Yes, this happened not too far from my neighborhood. If someone at the home had a gun, they should have been able to engage and fend off this jealous nut job, before he was able to force his way into the home and kill two people, while wounding a third.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Good article, thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Responsible gun owners don't use guns irresponsibly. Go figure
    Bingo. It seems more of these type of articles are surfacing recently.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Thanks for the link.

brian

It makes so much sense and is proven repeatedly with solid fact. Anti's are just to emotional to absorb logic. I would rather call 911 anyday, and have the cops deal with life threatening problems. But I know that most life threatening won't sit by and let you call the cops and then wait several minutes for them to show up. (by the way, "several minutes" is absolutely best case senario, with a cop right around the corner and a lightning fast dispatcher. Good luck with that)

More anti's need to be attacked or robbed or whatever. I know it sounds harsh, but they have to learn the hard way. They certainly don't seem to want to do it the easy(logical) way
    watch your back
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

MY GOSH! If you know much about the Sentinel, you'd understand that hell has just experienced an arctic cold front! The author is one of the few sane and somewhat conservative contributers they have. In the normal, everyday world this rag has been extremely anti gun, anti ccw and anti self defense. I'm glad they actually let him get this piece published!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
    I doubt the writer put his money where his pen is.
    That's ok. 180 degree philosophical shifts usually don't happen overnight, so I won't fault the author for taking baby steps where we would be sprinting. Those steps are in the right direction; that's the important thing.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I'd suspect that someone fairly close to him was a victim of violent crime recently. It's been known to suddenly cause libs to see the light.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links