Not Too Critical

Not Too Critical

This is a discussion on Not Too Critical within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My fiancee and I, have been together, for quite some time. I've just recently gotten her interested, in shooting with me. Now I taught her ...

Not Too Critical

My fiancee and I, have been together, for quite some time. I've just recently gotten her interested, in shooting with me. Now I taught her all the basics, safety, operation, etc......but didn't get too technical. I wanted our time at the range to be fun, so I didn't want to be too critical, of little mistakes she was making, non safety related of course. Her favorite gun of mine to shoot, is my PT-145 Mil Pro, which also happens to be my carry gun. Her biggest problem, shooting I could see, was she was "limp wristing". My PT92 and my Bersa Thunder .380, are very forgiving of this mistake, my PT-145, isn't. It will FTF, or FTE alot, in the past, she would just clear the jam and keep on going. I didn't want to pop off and say, if you'd hold it a little different, it wouldn't do that I figured after time, she'd notice, it fires flawlessly for me and ask me what the problem was. Well last night at the range, it finally happened, I ran 2 boxes of ammo through it, while she shot the .380, handed it off to her and as usual, it started acting up on her. I could see she was more frustrated than usual, she set the gun down and said, what the heck am I doing wrong? I told her let me stand behind you, while you shoot and see if I can figure out the problem. After a few rounds, I showed her how to alter her grip, problem solved. I couldn't get that gun back during our, remaining time at the range. I think my patience and alot of the info, that you all provide on this forum, have helped, in her tranformation. She's been talking today about, a gun of her own, we're going to look, after I get done typing this. I just want to thank you all here, again for the info you provide, you all helped, in more way's than you know.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

You can lead a fillie to water, but let the fillie drink as she pleases. Sounds like a smart version of classical wisdom ... and a smart lady. Congrats to you both. "Ensane," hm? Sounds like the right approach!

My method of combating "limping" involves getting my entire body into the stance, out "over" the gun, weight forward, strongly gripping and pointing toward the target. The larger muscles come into play and suck up much of the recoil, doing their job so that the puny ones in the arms don't have to do double-duty. Makes a world of difference, allowing the hands/arms to focus on their own job: steady aim, firing.

Now, if I could just figure out what I'm doing that makes me miss ~50% of the clays with my new bird gun (shotgun).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Now, if I could just figure out what I'm doing that makes me miss ~50% of the clays with my new bird gun (shotgun).

When I got my new Benelli I had a ******* time over shooting the target due to the difference in weight.. My Super Nova swings through alot faster than my trusty A5
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

SMART, very smart.

Excellant shes hooked I remember the day my wife got hooked & she wanted her own, of course i said -ok- trying not to act too excited

Links