training video review

training video review

This is a discussion on training video review within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; although nothing compares to actual hands on training courses, ive found a lot can be gained by watching quality training videos such as these offered ...

training video review

although nothing compares to actual hands on training courses, ive found a lot can be gained by watching quality training videos such as these offered by wilson combat. not only does it reinforce what training classes teach you, it also provies you with instruction from internationally recognized authorities that you most likely will never get to meet in person (not to mention they provide many hours of dang fine entertainment!).

CLICK HERE to see my reviews of the Wilson Combat Basic Self Defense Handguns two disk series and the 5 disk Wilson Combat Advanced Shooting Tactics & Techniques series. the reviews include both pictures and video segments to give you a sample of video content. along with lenny magill, bill wilson and ken hackathorn cover the most basic parctices and techniques to some of the most advanced. this is money well spent, ive watched them several times and seem to pick up on more each time.

.....i did get some strange looks from the little liberal princess who sat beside me on the airplane watching my portable DVD player from the corner of her eye.

looks like not only educational, but alot of fun.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Man where can I buy a copy from?

Why buy the video.......

When you can join a good IDPA club and do most, if not all of it for real??

But the videos still look pretty cool. Definitely something to watch on a rainy day.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by f8lranger4x4 View Post
    Man where can I buy a copy from?
    CLICK HERE at the bottom of the review of each series you will see a "product link" that takes you to the online order form from wilson combat. for the record i am not being compensated for these sales. i just think its some dang fine video instruction that most anyone could benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    When you can join a good IDPA club and do most, if not all of it for real??
    disk 5 of the advanced video set bill wilson (an extremely successful competitive shooter himself) discusses the differences in shooting for competition and shooting to live. he explains how using some competitive practices can get you killed on the street.

as realistic as IDPA is, IDPA is still competitive shooting and is not to be considered actual combat training.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection View Post
    CLICK HERE at the bottom of the review of each series you will see a "product link" that takes you to the online order form from wilson combat. for the record i am not being compensated for these sales. i just think its some dang fine video instruction that most anyone could benefit from.
    Thanks I'll have to order one.

Natural:

Yes, I understand exactly what you are talking about, but believe me, what you see on the videos has about the same restrictions due to safety considerations that just about any IDPA match will have, I promise you. I have been instructed by the best of both worlds: World champion IPSC/IDPA shooters, and guys that have thrown lead for real in anger and had it thrown back at them while doing so. What I have gleaned from both over the 20+ years I have competed and carried is this: There is no "magic video" or mystical technique to win the real fights. All you can do is learn the simplest most common sense techniques you can and practice them relentlessly and religiously. And never lose your mindset or the awareness of your surroundings. Those are the things that will get you killed faster than anything. Other than that, any type of competition is better than none at all.

Just my .02c
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Links