CNN blames CCW permit holders for crime rate in Philly

This is a discussion on CNN blames CCW permit holders for crime rate in Philly within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sorta stopped watching CNN after Sanjay Gupta started doing those medical special investigations crap. He specializes in neuro-surgery (or something along the lines) but ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CNN blames CCW permit holders for crime rate in Philly

I sorta stopped watching CNN after Sanjay Gupta started doing those medical special investigations crap. He specializes in neuro-surgery (or something along the lines) but because his name has "Dr" that makes him an agricultural know-it-all regarding e-coli. I'll listen to a Texas A&M aggie before I take advice from that "doc" any day.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    After seeing media coverage like this, it makes you wonder how accurate ANY news reports you hear really are.

Flithy Philly's problems are people with permits????? What? Where did that leap come from??? Now ALL their reports on ANY subject are suspect!

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    DAVID KAIRYS, TEMPLE UNIVERSITY: You could buy 50, 100, whatever your credit card would take. Then you can resell them.
    This guy is a Constitutional Law professor? For whose Constitution?
    I think the BATFE would be just a little suspicious if someone bought that many guns - can you say FFL? I refuse to watch Anderson because of these kinds of reports - pure propaganda, no fact-checking, no calling anyone out for distorting the truth or just outright lying about issues. The biggest problem is that there are plenty of people who do watch it and believe it without a doubt. If lying in news reports was illegal, the major news network managers would all be in prison.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Constitutional law....see my sig.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

**rrriiinnggg**

"Colt Hut, we deliver in 30 minutes or less or your firearm is free."

"Yeah, uh, I wanna get a large 12 gauge with extra 00, and a large SKS, hold the bayonet please, and two medium 45s with rails and night sights. Oh, and throw in a bag of JHPs with those 45s."

"Okay, did you want the Remington or the Mossberg with that 12 gauge?"

"The Remington. Make it with the pistol grip too, I like those."

"All right. We're running a special on S&W 642s. Buy three for $5 each. Did you want to get some of those?"

"Oh, wow, that's a good price for those. Okay, I'll take half a dozen of those too."

"Okay, so one large Remington with extra 00; one large SKS, hold the bayonet, two medium 45s--you wanted Colt Commanders? We don't have those with the rails, is that all right?"

"Uh, make it Kimbers then. No aluminum frames though."

"Okay, two steel Kimbers with night sights and rails, with a bag of JHPs--"

"Make it a case of JHPs!"

"Okay, a case of JHPs; and half a dozen S&W 642s. Anything else?

"Uh, yeah, two diet Cokes."

"Okay! We'll have it there in 30 minutes or less or it's free. Thank you for calling Colt Hut. Have a nice night!"

Easy as pizza, my a$$.
    Last edited by Dan M.; October 10th, 2007 at 11:57 AM.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    **rrriiinnggg**

"Colt Hut, we deliver in 30 minutes or less or your firearm is free."

"Yeah, uh, I wanna get a large 12 gauge with extra 00, and a large SKS, hold the bayonet please, and two medium 45s with rails and night sights. Oh, and throw in a bag of JHPs with those 45s."

"Okay, did you want the Remington or the Mossberg with that 12 gauge?"

"The Remington. Make it with the pistol grip too, I like those."

"All right. We're running a special on S&W 642s. Buy three for $5 each. Did you want to get some of those?"

"Oh, wow, that's a good price for those. Okay, I'll take half a dozen of those too."

Okay, so one large Remington with extra 00; one large SKS, hold the bayonet, two medium 45s--you wanted Colt Commanders? We don't have those with the rails, is that all right?"

"Uh, make it Kimbers then. No aluminum frames though."

"Okay, two steel Kimbers with night sights and rails, with a bag of JHPs--"

"Make it a case of JHPs!"

"Okay, a case of JHPs; and half a dozen S&W 642s. Anything else?

"Uh, yeah, two diet Cokes."

"Okay! We'll have it there in 30 minutes or less or it's free. Thank you for calling Colt Hut. Have a nice night!"

Easy as pizza, my a$$.
    Guess I'm going to have to wear tin foil again when I go to bed
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

CNN has idiots for reporters and that is why there ratings are tanking. Steve48

Psst CNN.....forget guns, the real show is in charging Automobile Manufacturers and the UAW for all the horrible accidents on the road caused by speeders and drunk drivers....I mean, check it out, why all the cars have speedometers that exceed 55mph....and we all know that nobody needs a car that will go that fast, right?
    Bundeswehrvet with a severe case of Garanditis.
    Yes it snowed in Mosul in 2004!

STUPID!!

What does the increase in CCW permits have to do with an increase in crime? (NOTHING!)

Is there a correlation between the increase in CCW permits and the increase in crime by said "permit holders"? (NOPE)

I just have ONE more thing to say about this:
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

I got me one of those peices of candy

I just got my DE ccw and since I live 500 ft from the PA line I got a PA non resident permit as well. Don't go into Phiily much but you better believe if I do I'll be carrying.

The part of the story that bothers me the most is that they never say anyting about how many of the murders are by people with a permit. Most gun murders in this country are by felons or drug dealers. Neither of these two groups ever apply for a ccw permit, but I guess that slipped pass the reporters notes. Not one thing corrolating murder with permits. Just murder up, permits up therefore the murders are committed by people with permits.

Now if we could just pass laws that make it illegal for felons and convicted drug dealers from getting permits then crime will go down.
    Wait ...... there are already those laws on the books and they still have guns without permits. How did they get a gun and carry it without a ccw

Maybe we can pass a law hat any drug dealer or felon found commiting a crime is summarly executed with their own gun and empty the mag into them they might think twice about carring a gun.
    The wusses won't go for it because that would be mean and cruell.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bundeswehrvet View Post
    Psst CNN.....forget guns, the real show is in charging Automobile Manufacturers and the UAW for all the horrible accidents on the road caused by speeders and drunk drivers....I mean, check it out, why all the cars have speedometers that exceed 55mph....and we all know that nobody needs a car that will go that fast, right?
    Don't forget to go after Coors, Budweiser, Jack Daniels...

And just like the companies that were found liable in NYC, just because they made .25 autos even though only ONE company's gun could have been used in the crime, we should go after ALL makers of alcohol for every case of a person driving drunk and hurting someone.

Facts and logic mean nothing to these folks. They want unarmed wage slaves to generate much tax money with which they can buy the votes to stay in office through welfare programs.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Funny i blame CNN for the crime in Philly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links