Has anyone every looked up the public records

This is a discussion on Has anyone every looked up the public records within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; to see if these liberal, anti politicians and spokes people have their CCW permit? Would this be legal?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone every looked up the public records

Has anyone every looked up the public records

to see if these liberal, anti politicians and spokes people have their CCW permit?

Would this be legal?

2. Remove Ads

If it's public record, then sure, it would be legal. Chances are though, that the types of people you're talking about wouldn't have a CWP or carry, but would, instead, hire body-guards who are authorized and do carry. It's a disease actually, called "RHOIDDS" (Rosie's Hypocritical Overtly Insane Deny Defense Syndrome).

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

You never know.

Depends if the records are public according to state law.

Early this year reporters published the lists of permit holders and that caused at least one state I know of, VA, to put forth a bill in the legislature to remove such records from public access.

In other states, it never was public access to begin with.

I have read that some of the most anti gun politicos out there have their ccw permits. I can't remember all of them but it is the same old "I need one because of my high profile job" crap. They have the right to protect themselves even though they are surrounded by body guards but we, as normal everyday citizens need to rely on the Police.

What B.S.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I don't know what is legal but I would hope that my information as well as theirs would be confidential.

I've seen numerous web stories (it's on the internet so it must be true) comments on Charles Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, and Ted Kennedy supporting guns for the rich and the important and denying them to the common people (you and me). Feinstein and Schumer have a CCW permit and Kennedy has heavily armed bodyguards.

"And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me." - Senator Dianne Feinstein

CLICK HERE for details on sylvester stallone. despite all of his anti-gun comments and brady affiliation, he has a ccw. if you read down you will see sylvester stallones actual ccw application.

Texas

The answer to Texas permit holders it this. Happy searching.

Q: Can others find out if I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun?
    A: Yes. Information may be provided about specific, named individuals as a part of the public record.

Texas Administrative Code
    Next Rule>>

TITLE 37 PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONS
    PART 1 TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
    CHAPTER 6 LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUNS
    SUBCHAPTER H INFORMATION AND REPORTS
    RULE §6.113 Information Concerning Individual License Holder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) On written request and payment of a reasonable fee to cover costs of copying, the department shall disclose to any person or agency whether a named individual or any individual whose full name is listed on a specified written list is licensed under the Act. Information concerning a license holder that is subject to disclosure under this section includes the license holder's name, date of birth, gender, race, and zip code.

(b) The department shall notify a license holder of any request for information made relating to the license holder under this section and provide the name of the person or agency making the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source Note: The provisions of this §6.113 adopted to be effective January 8, 1996, 20 TexReg 11128
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection View Post
    CLICK HERE for details on sylvester stallone. despite all of his anti-gun comments and brady affiliation, he has a ccw. if you read down you will see sylvester stallones actual ccw application.
    Perhaps he had a change of heart/realized the errors of his ways? All references found do say the comments he has made in the past were all from '98 or earlier. That's almost 10 years ago. His permit (according to this) was issued in 2004. Perhaps someone should call him on it(ie actually ask him)? We do it with our congress critters every day. Why not start with the celebs and see how their escape and evade patterns run after questioning?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

if this stuff is public record, then why shouldn't someone make a list and post it on a reputable site.

Then we could blow whatever they say out of the water, and show the public that listens to this crap that the people they are steering them are "FULL OF BULL!" They are liars, hipocrites, forked tongue devils.

I would love to know this, and call up a CNN talk show and blow them out of the water. And better yet, why don't we inform the news stations as well.

this seems like a great way to educate people.

Might just have to do that.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    "And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me." - Senator Dianne Feinstein
    There's a defective mentality that is subtly expressed in her words.

Note how she does not talk of taking out the attacker, she talks of taking him with her. That implies they're both gonna die. So rather than setting her mind on WINNING, she's set her mind on mutual destruction. She starts right off resigned to losing her life, and makes self defense about not letting the bad guy have the satisfaction of killing her without dying himself.

We, however, know that self defense is about setting our minds to fight fight fight and WIN, and never stop fighting. Feinstein, like her leftists ilk, can't even conceptualize winning. The best she hopes for is not dying without having her attacker die with her.

Pathetic.

Question

Why hasn't our NRA exposed this hipocracy??? A list coming from them would carry much more clout and credibility than any other org than I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Why hasn't our NRA exposed this hipocracy??? A list coming from them would carry much more clout and credibility than any other org than I can think of.
    maybe we should ask them. if your a member i am sure you have the right to ask.

When I lived in Michigan, in about 1998 (before shall-issue came to pass) the names of the 90 or so permit holders in my county were published in the local newspaper. It turned out that 3-4 of the same paper's staff, the very ones who wrote the blatantly anti-gun editorials, had general permits!

It looked like the old "...I'm good enough to carry, but not the general population..." mindset in action. It would not surprise me if notable anti-gunners had permits, since certainly they may think the same way...being uniquely qualified to carry, unlike the rest of us...heh.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links