SC CWP questions? - Page 2

SC CWP questions?

This is a discussion on SC CWP questions? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hubs Unless you have a SC permit, your gun has to be kept in console or glovebox unloaded. Ammo has to be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC CWP questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    Unless you have a SC permit, your gun has to be kept in console or glovebox unloaded. Ammo has to be separated, in other console or backseat and etc..
    Not true, gun does not have to be unloaded in SC as long as it is in the glove box or console with or without a unless they have changed the law in the last week .

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance;

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t16c023.htm

Nothing about Unloaded.
    Last edited by FN1910; October 10th, 2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: To add Code

Hmmmm....didn't realize that.

How far back do they do the background check? I had a restraining order put on me because of a fight when i was like 14 or 15..?

They do the background check all the way back to the war of Northern Agression but don't know how far back they count toward denial. Used to be the biggest mistake people would make is not listing traffic tickets over 2-3 years and that would cause delays but I understand now that you only have to say the you have had traffic tickets.

Call them up and ask for a time frame (you can do it without giving your name) but be sure to list it on your application.
    Last edited by FN1910; October 14th, 2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: To correct fat finger typing.

The biggest thing is to tell the truth. Often things like that will be judged to be non issues over time. But they if they probably will show up on a check then tell them about them and provide any supporting documents of the outcome. Because your more apt to get denied for not telling the truth and them finding it than you are for that incident. Lying is an automatic denial.

An example of this was told to me by my instructor of one of his previous students. The Student, a female, came with her husband. When they sent in their paperwork he received his CWP and she was denied. When they looked into it they found that she had been arrested for Public Disorderly contact a few weeks before their wedding. And she did not want her Husband to know. She plead guilty and paid a fine, all without his knowledge. And then some years have now passed ( around 10 it seems) and she still didn't want him to know. So she filled out her Application failing to disclose the arrest where asked. And so she was denied for lying on the application. It is most probable that she would have gotten her CWP had she disclosed this. No reason to believe it would have been denied for a 10 year old incident.

However, restraining orders can be more serious to the consideration. However time and truthfulness can heal many things. But I doubt a incident committed while a minor will even show up. But you better either find out if it does or divulge it.

I have been able to buy a gun so I dont think its on there anymore...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    The biggest thing is to tell the truth. Often things like that will be judged to be non issues over time. But they if they probably will show up on a check then tell them about them and provide any supporting documents of the outcome. Because your more apt to get denied for not telling the truth and them finding it than you are for that incident. Lying is an automatic denial.

An example of this was told to me by my instructor of one of his previous students. The Student, a female, came with her husband. When they sent in their paperwork he received his CWP and she was denied. When they looked into it they found that she had been arrested for Public Disorderly contact a few weeks before their wedding. And she did not want her Husband to know. She plead guilty and paid a fine, all without his knowledge. And then some years have now passed ( around 10 it seems) and she still didn't want him to know. So she filled out her Application failing to disclose the arrest where asked. And so she was denied for lying on the application. It is most probable that she would have gotten her CWP had she disclosed this. No reason to believe it would have been denied for a 10 year old incident.

However, restraining orders can be more serious to the consideration. However time and truthfulness can heal many things. But I doubt a incident committed while a minor will even show up. But you better either find out if it does or divulge it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links