I violated company policy - Page 2

I violated company policy

This is a discussion on I violated company policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you are committed to carrying in your circumstances, Smartcarry is the way to go. No one should be bumping you down there. If you ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I violated company policy

VIP Member
    If you are committed to carrying in your circumstances, Smartcarry is the way to go. No one should be bumping you down there. If you go that route, I'd recommend the white Smartcarry. If it rides up a bit in back, it might be mistaken for your underwear. I would also consider leaving some of the velcro showing at the top, then bring your underwear up underneath it and over the top, then fold the top lip of your underwear (rear portion only, leave the front flat) over and onto the velcro. If your underwear stays attached to the velcro of the Smartcarry, the Smartcarry support strap won't show, even if you bend over.

Your choice: take a chance on getting caught again and fired (not good, but you can recover from this) or needing your gun and not having it (really, really bad, and you may not recover if you are shot--you certainly won't recover if you are killed).

I've worn my Smartcarry many times at a job where I'll be fired on the spot if I'm discovered carrying. And if I lose my job, I'll likely lose my house and maybe my family. It's a choice, and I've made my decision. I intend to LIVE with the consequences of my decision, regardless of what I encounter at work. I would rather start over with nothing than be helplessly gunned down and killed by some murderer. I won't be much help to my family if I'm dead. Neither will you.

Is pocket carry an option? Do you own a j-frame or something comparable in size (Kahr PM9, etc.). This is how I carry when I go to work. In a good pocket holster it looks like my wallet. I do this to avoid being made if someone touches or bumps into me, etc. As others have alluded, one must always assess the risks vs. benefits in life.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about this... While i know that you violated policy, i would still carry just more concealed...

One Question!!
    Unemployement line or dead??
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I was a manager at Hardees for two years. I carried in my laptop bag all the time. At any one time there was at least 2 grand in the safe and thatís where my bag went with the gun in the outside pocket. I figured if we got robbed, the safe would be the best place to get it because chances are I would have to go there anyway, and no one went into the safe but me and the other managers who normally were not on duty when I was there. In lower caliber work environments like fast food, people chatter and word gets around quick. Itís like high school. No one ever knew that I carried... and luckily I never had to use it. I never said anything to anyone. There were no problems ever. The key is in a lot of these places is not to say anything to anyone or make it known that you own a gun(s), or that you carry on your person. Keep to yourself and youíll be fine. Even slight things that you say that might seem harmless generate suspicion and rumors among co-workers. There is a reason itís called concealedÖ try to keep it that way. But I guess hind sight is 20/20

For the future, try the above tips and youíll have less problems. If people have no suspicion what so ever that you even own a gun, a simple bump will mean nothing and you can tell them its your cell phone or something stupid like that. As for now look for a second job, before you quit your current job.

Administrator
    I would start looking for a new job now. Not so much because you cant carry at your current job, but because you got busted. Once word heads up the food chain, your done. Sorry to bring the news, but mark my words. I give you 3 days to a week at McD's before your out the door.

Sorry to break it ya, but I think your McDays are numbered.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Looks like page 2 is where your good advice is at.

And ... taking some of this advice myself I think I need to get more serious about getting an option for pocket carry.

At work I do keep a large pocket knife (Benchmade NRA Gaucho) but the only time people see it is when it's buried in a plate of food. One time one of the HR people was walking by while I was eating lunch at my desk (I'm a computer programmer) and she almost had a silent anurism when she saw the knife sitting on a dinner plate next to a half-eaten steak. However, after her 20 second silent coniption was over (she like froze and had this shocked look it was VERY funny) she said not a word but moved on. It may look formidable but it's smaller than the large kitchen knives that we have in the break room ;)

Been said. As a future thought, I would also offer up a tuckable appendix carry, which I prefer to Smart carry for a few reasons. Pocket carry is not good when your primary concerns are 1) have a gun, and 2) keep it concealed. Centerline and covered is the only viable option.

Also, consider the size of the weapon. A KelTec P3AT conceals and should carry much better than a mid-sized "real" pistol.

I would also say, you might want to talk with an attorney about creative CYA. If you notify the owner of the dope issue in writing, and are then terminated, its clearly puitive. Also, if you didn't have a written counselling on the CC issue, you're better off yet. As Sixto said, start looking now, and consider laying some legal groundwork, if you absolutely can't live without the job.

The quit or stay is purely your call. If you need the money and they work around your school schedule, that is going to be a tough one.

However, you can insist that they apply company policy to all workers equally. If you know that people are under the influence of something, or smoking pot while at work, let the management know and make them take action against those workers. Once everyone is on the same footing you won't feel nearly as bad about being singled out. If the managers are not willing to do it, talk with the owner.

In the meantime what other jobs are out there that you can start to work towards.

Good luck.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

HKR
    Quit, or get better at concealing. Everyday we don't learn something is a day wasted.

You work with stoners and drug dealers... I would mention that to the managment and invest in a smart carry.

Don't talk about guns at work and if the place is robbed let them clean it out. The gun is there only to keep you from being marched inot the freezer.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nvsble View Post
    Quit, or get better at concealing. Everyday we don't learn something is a day wasted.
    +1. Smaller gun, new holster,...etc. I wouldn't risk my life,besides I think you've mentioned that you are a college student and only work PT at mconalds? (in other threads.) So if worst comes to worst,and you DO have to quit,its not the "end of the world" for you

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Did you ask if you keep your weed on your person? Sounds like that is just fine.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

VIP Member
    Just two thoughts...

1.) A gun isn't the only means of self defense.

2.) Despite what others do, you can only control you! I commend you for your integrity.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

If the job is worth keeping without the CCW issue then keep it, if not, find another job.

I'm a college student as well and am not allowed to carry at work but I have full time, salaried employment that is providing me a comfortable quality of life. I'm not going to leave my job due to that.

You have to make sacrifices in life.

I would also mention the drugs in the workplace and start covering your ass legally.

It may not be possible ($$$) but buy a smaller gun. A lil derringer or pocket gun. It seems like company policy has a low priority and be VERY quiet about it.
    Smart carry is surely an option
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links