I violated company policy

This is a discussion on I violated company policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Musketeer Don't talk about guns at work and if the place is robbed let them clean it out. The gun is there ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I violated company policy

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Don't talk about guns at work and if the place is robbed let them clean it out. The gun is there only to keep you from being marched inot the freezer.
    Agreed!
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    IMO, you're branded. The bosses will be watching you like a hawk and they, along with whomever turned you in, have probably spread the word.

Regardless of what carry options are open to you, they'll be watching.

Stick it out as long as you can which will give you time to find a better job.

Remember though, ccw is banned in most work places by company policy. It's the risk we take for our own personal security.

BTW, my days with McDonald's are over with after the way they treated the young employee with the strip search issue.

Good luck!
    I'd keep an eye on what other jobs might be available. Although you still remain employed, it doesn't mean you will be next week. There is a constant turnover of employees for a reason...you've been marked, so it's just a matter of time. If they didn't fire you on the spot for violating policy, they will find some other reason to dump you.

+1 Biloxi--I would rather give two week notice than show up to work only to find out I've been fired for some innocuous B.S. performance issue. Walk away, be friendly, enjoy employment elsewhere, and use your Smartcarry.

My 2 cents on Smartcarry--you aren't going to out-draw a drawn gun regardless of holster...and it's better to have one on you than wishing you had it while it's sitting out in your car.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm in a real bind here, because if I was to quit now, I would have a difficult time finding other employment. This is my only way of making money to support my hobbies and college, but I do believe no low paying job, that deals with the public is worth my life. I've thought about just turning in my uniforms and calling it quits there, but that would look bad on reference checks. I really want to quit working there, but my need for money has me sort of stuck. I do carry a Gerber Fast Draw on me at all times, so it's better than nothing, I just need to stay aware of what's going on around me, which is sometimes hard to do when I'm counting money, or making a product, because I've had managers sneak up on me many times.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

eww
    I work a part time job with the same policy you deal with. I carry a P3AT in a smartcarry. Not easy to get to but better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm in a real bind here, because if I was to quit now, I would have a difficult time finding other employment.
    I don't think we are saying you should just quit. I think we are saying you should start looking for a new job.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by eww View Post
    I work a part time job with the same policy you deal with. I carry a P3AT in a smartcarry. Not easy to get to but better than nothing.
    I pocket carry a P3AT. I'd highly recommend it for similar situations
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    This might not be for you but have you considered reserve military service? It seems to me this would satisfy a lot of your needs (extra money, drug free [mostly], safer environment [not dealing with the public]). Carry will be an even more definite no-no, but for for me at least it's worth it.

[disclaimer] I'm not a recruiter, I get no perks for referrals [/disclaimer]
    If you want any more info, feel free to PM me.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

HKR
    I think this is exactly what Keltecs and North American Arms Guardians are for. I may have missed it, but what are you CCing right now?

HKR
    Nevermind, just scrolled back and looked at your info. If you do get fired or decide to find employment elsewhere, I would feel free to make a call to not only the person who owns that particular McDonalds but also to their corporate office. They should be notified if your basic rights are being violated while illegal activity is being left unchecked.

the way I look at it is you can either abide by the rules or if you dont then leave. I dont think its a very good idea to get in the habit of only obeying the rules we like and disobeying the rules we dont like . just my thoughts

With all the talk about Smart Carry, I was thinking about getting one; until someone mentioned that going to the john to whiz could be a problem. At my age the old prostate sometimes doesn't give me a lot of time!

search "Anna Svidersky". Long story short - She was a teenager working at Mac's and killed as she was waiting for a ride home. Base decision on your future and goals. Will this job make or break your future? Can't tell you what choice to make but is this a career choice or just using time as life happens?

MacDonalds

Only have fun searching thier employees. MMMM, the female employee should have received 20 million.

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    JIGZ, nice advice and i love your image...my name is Angel that's why.

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by nvsble View Post
    Nevermind, just scrolled back and looked at your info. If you do get fired or decide to find employment elsewhere, I would feel free to make a call to not only the person who owns that particular McDonalds but also to their corporate office. They should be notified if your basic rights are being violated while illegal activity is being left unchecked.
    Based on the strip search lawsuit that made the headlines last week, it's pretty obvious Mickey D's and their franchisees doesn't give a rat's rear end about employee rights.

You can bet some corporate lawyer would turn this around to say, "XXXX violated company policy by bringing a dangerous weapon to work blah, blah, blah."

Don't try to fight this other than by moving on. Also remember that the risk of a phone call from a potential employer to your current employer would mean getting some big-mouthed stoner with the title of manager giving out more info than should be allowed.
    Under most state and federal regs it's prohibited to provide more than a verification of employent and employment dates. But can you expect a Jeff Spicoli-type character* to follow the law, much less even know it?

Life, like concealed carry, requires stealth.

*Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links