Disarming at the Machine Gun Shoot

This is a discussion on Disarming at the Machine Gun Shoot within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Neither sign is going to work and who decides who is an idiot? Don't try to tell me that just because they have a license ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Disarming at the Machine Gun Shoot

  1. #16
    Ex Member Array FN1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,235
    Neither sign is going to work and who decides who is an idiot? Don't try to tell me that just because they have a license to carry doesn't mean they aren't an idiot. Lots of idiots with all kinds of permits.

    There is always some such as yourself that will not obey any sign and if metal detectors are used they will find a way around those . Just ask the airlines.

    Besides if you promise to keep your gun holstered at all times what good is it going to do you if something breaks out and you have to keep it holstered.

    I didn't say anything about either sign just the reasoning behind the thought of trying to ban loaded guns at a gun show or similar.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member
    Array Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,265
    I understand and even agree with how it makes you (the OP) feel but, to me it's really no big deal. If I wanted to go, I'd simply disarm and respect their wishes. It would offend my pride more than it would put me in any greater danger.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

    "A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

  4. #18
    Senior Member Array Scot Van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Versailles, KY
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I would do as I do at every gun show I go to; that is, I would say "screw you" to such a policy, and carry concealed concealed.

    I know my gun is going to remain holstered and safe, so I don't have any reason to worry about what I myself might do! But I'll be better protected.

    Just imagine some sort of whacko stuff went down and you're pinned down behind a vendor display table trying to get a zip-tie off your gun, and you see the nutcase round the corner...

    I understand that they want to make sure no one gets too into the gun mood, starts showing off his fancy-dancy CCW piece, and ends up shooting someone. But the end result is what it should be in the first place: people who don't want to disarm, they keep their guns on them, loaded, and say nothing about them and don't show them -- as it should be!

    Beans: Your post illustrates very well how STUPID "the rules" are. I don't allow STUPIDITY to govern how I have to live and act. If I have to settle for passively or covertly disobeying their rules, because I don't have the power to get them changed, then I settle for that. At least I don't end up being unarmed and vulnerable.
    You could demonstrate your outrage by not attending...

    I've never had a problem disarming at the Shoot. The sentiment that there are loads of idiots walking around becomes a non-issue if the idiots are disarmed as well. I'm fairly confident in my ablility to defend myself against the biggest nutjob, so as long as he comes at me without a gun, I'm going to win anyway. But I'm a pretty big guy with lots of training, and I understand that not everybody has those two things going for them in a confrontation. For instance, my Mom NEVER disarmed at the Shoot, and probably would have shot anyone trying to take her li'l Derringer (kidding...miss ya', Ma').

    For me, it comes down to respecting the wishes of the presenters of the Shoot. Period. If I want to go, I'll play by their rules because it is their place, not mine. I'd hate to see this event get shut down for ANY reason, especially if the organizers thought it wasn't worth the risk and hassle of putting it on. If they decided that the public wasn't respecting their rules, maybe they'd elect to scrap it entirely.

    My $.02, but if you're outraged to the point of breaking the rules just to make your point, you may want to consider simply staying home.
    Last edited by Scot Van; October 11th, 2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: grammatical change
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

  5. #19
    VIP Member
    Array Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    You could

    For me, it comes down to respecting the wishes of the presenters of the Shoot. Period. If I want to go, I'll play by their rules because it is their place, not mine. I'd hate to see this event get shut down for ANY reason, especially if the organizers thought it wasn't worth the risk and hassle of putting it on. If they decided that the public wasn't respecting their rules, maybe they'd elect to scrap it entirely.
    +1 Scot, and I'll bet it has a lot more to do with insurance and liability coverage cost than anything else.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

    "A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

  6. #20
    Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I would do as I do at every gun show I go to; that is, I would say "screw you" to such a policy, and carry concealed concealed.

    I know my gun is going to remain holstered and safe, so I don't have any reason to worry about what I myself might do! But I'll be better protected.

    Just imagine some sort of whacko stuff went down and you're pinned down behind a vendor display table trying to get a zip-tie off your gun, and you see the nutcase round the corner...

    I understand that they want to make sure no one gets too into the gun mood, starts showing off his fancy-dancy CCW piece, and ends up shooting someone. But the end result is what it should be in the first place: people who don't want to disarm, they keep their guns on them, loaded, and say nothing about them and don't show them -- as it should be!

    Beans: Your post illustrates very well how STUPID "the rules" are. I don't allow STUPIDITY to govern how I have to live and act. If I have to settle for passively or covertly disobeying their rules, because I don't have the power to get them changed, then I settle for that. At least I don't end up being unarmed and vulnerable.
    Yea, that's where i'm at on the issue too. Who knows what will go down where.

    I haven't decided wether I will disarm or not and problably won't until I hit the gate to enter. I guess we will see.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

    -- Theodore Roosevelt --

  7. #21
    Senior Member Array Scot Van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Versailles, KY
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    +1 Scot, and I'll bet it has a lot more to do with insurance and liability coverage cost than anything else.

    What is that saying about the head of the nail, Thump? I bet the Knob Creek Range has a HUGE insurance policy that is EXTREMELY expensive. Yipe!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

  8. #22
    Member Array mo_hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post

  9. #23
    New Member Array ekujustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3
    If you don't like the rules don't go. If you choose to carry it anyway and get caught your choices are zip tie it, leave, or get charged with tresspassing. You might leave it in your holseter and never do a thing or you might be the one that pulls it out to try a holster fit, magazine etc and cause a problem. That is why the No loaded guns policy. It eliminates the who is an idiot and who isnt. It is a liabiltity to have loadedguns in a situation where guns are handled constantly. The firing lines are safe as they have security all over that line making sure the range is only hot when it should be.

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array Sheldon J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    Posts
    2,285

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    I don't think there's a much safer place than a machine gun shoot.. on the offchance that a bad guy started shooting folks, I don't think they'd last long. That said...I wouldn't want to disarm either, really. Seems a bit odd.
    Bwaa HAHAHAHA I can just see it now, what a place for a bunch of Muslim terrorist to strike, just start the line about 100 yards out front.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

  11. #25
    Member Array mo_hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ekujustice View Post
    If you don't like the rules don't go. If you choose to carry it anyway and get caught your choices are zip tie it, leave, or get charged with tresspassing. You might leave it in your holseter and never do a thing or you might be the one that pulls it out to try a holster fit, magazine etc and cause a problem. That is why the No loaded guns policy. It eliminates the who is an idiot and who isnt. It is a liabiltity to have loadedguns in a situation where guns are handled constantly. The firing lines are safe as they have security all over that line making sure the range is only hot when it should be.
    Carry gun never comes out unless you need to use it. Nobody should ever know it's there or your doing something wrong. There is no fondling of the gun period ever. If you carry or not that's your decision to make. Is your life worth defending when and where, according to who? If your not ok packing anyway and don't want to disarm don't go simple as that. There's lots of places I won't go anymore because your not supposed to carry there. I'll take my money, time somewhere else. Just my opinion

  12. #26
    Senior Member Array Duisburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Duisburg, Germany
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    I will be attending the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot (KY) this weekend and I know from prior experience that all firearms are to be unloaded and a zip tied.

    I understand that KCR wants to make sure that everyone is safe and all goes well. No one wants a AD in the middle of a gun shoot or anywhere else, but I am really not a fan of disarming... especially for a machine gun shoot. Along with the shoot there will be many vendors selling anything from custom 1911's to edible camo lingere. This crowd is very diverse to say the least. The event draws all kinds.

    This their policy at KCR so I will comply, but I am not happy about it.


    Thoughts?

    well if you don't want to disarm then do not go, I have to disarm for work and to get into certain gun shows but there are cops standing in every door though. I feel that KCR wants to preserve its place for the benifit of machine gun owners and to show that it is safe, guns are safe and machine guns are too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Critical Mass machine gun shoot and expo....Van Buren, Arkansas tomorrow!
    By Ram Rod in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
  2. TN Sports Foundation Machine Gun Shoot: Sat 27 Sept
    By Agave in forum Member Meeting Place
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 27th, 2008, 01:52 AM
  3. Northwest Arkansas machine gun shoot and show
    By Ram Rod in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 29th, 2008, 04:45 PM
  4. Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot (Kentucky)
    By BIG E in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Machine Gun Shoot this weekend!
    By BIG E in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 12th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Search tags for this page

ak safety zip tie

,

arkansas machine gun shoot

,

arkansas machine shoot

,

biggest florida machine gun shoot

,

can you carry a handgun at knob creek machine gun shoot

,

carrying at machine gun shoot

,

concealed carry at machine gun shoot

,

florida's largest machine gun shoot

,

knob creek machine gun t shirts

,

machine gun shoot knobb undercover

,

machine gun shoot maine

,

machine gun shoot, ky

,

what is the average attendance at knob creek machine gun shoot

Click on a term to search for related topics.