Good to be back!

Good to be back!

This is a discussion on Good to be back! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; its good to be back after having been gone for awhile! just had a quick question for everyone.... i was recently discussing with a friend ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good to be back!

Good to be back!

its good to be back after having been gone for awhile! just had a quick question for everyone.... i was recently discussing with a friend and coworker who also has his concealed permit our carry options at work. our company doesnt have any restrictions as to our carrying while working but neither of us feel very comfortable doing it given the situations. does anybody know of a lock box that could be attached somewhere to the interior of my suv that is VERY secure but would allow me fast access if needed? thanks in advance!

Lead Moderator
    Try doing a search of the internet for vehicle safes . there are a few models out there , depending on how much you want to spend and what vehicle you have. welcome back.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

i have a 2000 montero sport, it would have to be somewhere around the driver seat. i dont even know what to expect price wise...... i guess i would spend as much as i needed to as long as the money was justified with quality.....

This one has often been mentioned, and I purchased one for the wife.
    It'll stop the common snatch and grabber - not necessarily the professionals.

http://www.center-of-mass.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
    This one has often been mentioned, and I purchased one for the wife.
    It'll stop the common snatch and grabber - not necessarily the professionals.

I use the Center-of-Mass safe...and I have it in a place that is not easy to find. If someone took my car, they would probably not see the safe. Works for me...

Not much will stop the professionals...actually, your car will be gone, too, then they can work on the safe at their leisure.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wrascal beat me to it. I would recommend the center-of-mass safes as well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Most people are begging to be able to carry at work. You have the oppurtunity, and don't want to. Care to give some insight?
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

I have one that looks like the center of mass as well (I looked at the website that I think I got it from, and it looks the same there as well). I'm sorry, but I am not impressed with mine. I purchased it with the intent of purchasing several more for family members.

While I have used mine for some time (a year or two), I was too embarrassed with it to consider giving it as a gift. I am not sure, but I have often suspected that I could get a gun out of it w/o using the key. Perhaps it is more ridged bolted down, but just holding it I can twist it and get an awfully large crack between the top and the bottom. Basically if I sqeeze one side together, most of the time the top will slide past the bottom. As the top twists, there is a fairly large crack that opens on the other side. I will check mine tonight - but bet I can easily get that crack open to 1".

That said, if it was slightly heavier gauge metal, it would have probably worked fine, and perhaps they have changed them since I purchased mine.
    ---
    I did see one a while back that looked interesting, it consisted of a metal sleeve that was bolted into the car. The safe itself was then slid (and locked) into the sleeve. The sleeve was most likely welded so prying it open would not be an easy task. Sorry but my search fu is week at the moment and i can not find the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Most people are begging to be able to carry at work. You have the oppurtunity, and don't want to. Care to give some insight?
    we work at a therapy program for kids under 17, and while we dont have anything in our policy manuals as to carrying while we are working neither one of us feel that comfortable givin the situation. there are always at least two people with the kids and most of the employees are big in stature(im about 6'2 235lbs) and i am about average, or ex military. the job entails alot of being in airports and the possibility of chasing and wrestling the kids to get them under control. also alot of driving with the kids. there are also quite a few liberals that we work with that could make it a big deal if they happen ed to see the gun(normally i know they wouldnt see it but who knows if your chasin a kid down and are trying to get control of them if they would or wouldnt unless you had some deep concealment) also the nature of the kids being in the program is that they already have some problems and who knows what they would do if they happened to feel your firearm as you were wrestling with them. so we both decided that while we are working with the kids it would probably be best to just leave the firearm in a safe that is quick and easy to get too if the need arised. so thats the basics of it any ideas other than a vehicle safe? im open to suggestions here.....

VIP Member
    mousehunter, either you got a lemon or a bogus C.O.M. safe. I have one and it is pretty solid and you have to be VERY strong to begin messing with it without tools.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Just use a good pair of handcuffs, one end through the trigger guard and the other round the seat post. Works great and very secure!!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    Welcome back!

Yes, the Center of Mass Gun Safe is what I use in my truck too!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Ill def have to look into the center of mass, it looks like it would get the job done perfectly. Now that you all kind of know about the situation what do you think of the decision not to carry? Both me and my ex military coworker feel it is right, what about you guys and gals?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
    Ill def have to look into the center of mass, it looks like it would get the job done perfectly. Now that you all kind of know about the situation what do you think of the decision not to carry? Both me and my ex military coworker feel it is right, what about you guys and gals?
    If it lines up with your personal moral compass... I'd go with it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

If your SUV is a Jeep or just has bucket seats, this is good stuff.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links