Gotta Tell ?? Why??

This is a discussion on Gotta Tell ?? Why?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BlueLion I had similar experience and he seemed to not care. It almost seems as if you tell him you are armed ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gotta Tell ?? Why??

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    I had similar experience and he seemed to not care. It almost seems as if you tell him you are armed that he could care less. Well I will ERR on the side of good sense and continue to tell them I am armed..
    I don't have a choice. In Michigan, it's the law. You have to tell LEOs right away. Other wise, say bye-bye to your permit.

In my incident, same thing. I told the officer and his attitude was "thank you, I appreciate that. Do you know why I pulled you over?" And then he told me about the color mistake on the tag. ;) And then he apologized for pulling me over! Basically, after I disclosed I had a permit and a pistol, he could care less!!

2. Remove Ads

DM
    My trooper buddy absolutely hates the way the law is written here in Missouri.You see here you aren't required to disclose that you have a weapon.This does bother him to some degree.What really drives him nuts is the fact that anyone over the age of 21 can conceal a weapon in their vehicle without a permit ,much less any form and firearms training at all.They ,too ,are not required to inform the officer of the weapon.I think that sometimes the LEO's that aren't in favor of CCW don't really have a problem with CCW as much as how their state writes the law to begin with.I've asked Rick several times how he feels about BG's that might have a weapon and they're not gonna tell him about the gun they have in their waistband.His reply is usually something like "After 19 years on the force I can pretty much tell what scumbags I need to look out for."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links