Tuckables?

Tuckables?

This is a discussion on Tuckables? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my first tuckable holster today for my PPS. My wife reported the resulting "look" was something akin to a guy trying to conceal ...

Thread: Tuckables?

Tuckables?

I got my first tuckable holster today for my PPS. My wife reported the resulting "look" was something akin to a guy trying to conceal a colostomy bag. After a glance in the mirror I had to agree.

While the shirt tucked nicely, the bulge in my waist and pants made it REALLY obvious that I had something stuck in there.

Does anyone else use a tuckable? If so, how do you deal with the printing issue?

TIA.

JD
    Administrator
    I had one, had the same result that you did.

How did I solve the printing issue? I sold the holster on Ebay and went back to IWB

Don't wear tight pants or shirt. Blouse the shirt a little. Move it off the 3 o'clock position and that will reduce the bulge.

My wife usually doesn't know when I am carrying with a tuckable holster

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I had one, had the same result that you did.

How did I solve the printing issue? I sold the holster on Ebay and went back to IWB
    Same here. Tucker Cover-Up just did not work for me.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    You have to dress around the gun a little. Being thin, muscular, and broad shouldered goes a long way to using them comfortably. I have done a tuckable with a golf shirt and jeans using my Kahr CW40, and have had no problem. I also have done it with a T-shirt and a Glock 23.

When I need deep concealment, I use a tuckable with a t-shirt, and then a button up shirt or some other pull over shirt.

Today I had to go to a childs birthday party and then a house warming party, all with guests who I would not have wanted to know that I was carrying. I had my CW40 at around 4-5 o'clock tucked under a t-shirt with a pull over shirt hanging out. I had a spare mag hanging on my belt on my weakside, and it was well hidden under the second shirt. If anyone saw the bottom side of it, they would have probably assumed a knife or cell phone. I also ankle carried a taurus 85. Lots of hugs, chasing after my little girl, and socializing and not a single person had a clue or if they did they never questioned me.

Tuckables are not for everyone, but I suggest you play with it some more and try different positions and dress. You might find that they are a nice option to have.

edit: I don't recomend the tucker cover ups either. I personally think they are one of the worst ones to deal with.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

No tuck, IWB, or fannypack, oversized t-shirt, good size shirt not tucked, sweater, light jacket, vest, heavy jacket.

It is all covered, for me.
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Being thin, muscular, and broad shouldered goes a long way to using them comfortably.
    I'm out-just the opposite of thin, but find that the Crossbreed Supertuck and MTAC holsters work fairly well if common sense is used. Flatter guns like the 1911, P239 work better than big double stacks like Glock 21/30.

Bigger pants helps as does medium/thicker shirt materials, even polos with piques help disguise the print.

YMMV
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I tuck a lot.

It does take a little practice, a fair amount of staring at your waist in the mirror, and finding the right place along with a good holster.

I use the Comp-tac CTAC. Works great. I wear shirts one size larger than I normally would, darker colors and patterned shirts work best.
    I also wear my gun at about 4 or 4:30 to minimize the gun (on me, anyway).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I use this http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...2437&GunID=175 and I don't seem to have a problem at 3:30 or 4 oclock.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

I carried a Springfield Ultra Compact .45 in a Galco Ultra Deep Cover holster in an office environment for years and nobody ever suspected. One guy, with a CHL license and a big mouth, tried to talk me into getting a CHL license for years but I just told him "I didn't think I'd be comfortable carrying a gun."

Last week, I went directly from Church to assist with a CHL training class, with my Galco UDC in place. The Instructor was talking carry methods with a student, during a break, and there were other students listening in. He said to me "show him your holster" and everyone looked mystified but I untucked my shirt and showed them. They had presumed that I was unarmed simply because they didn't see any signs of a gun.

If you can't effectively conceal with a tuckable IWB holster; then I'd suggest the gun is too darn big or you're not wearing the rig properly. Both can be easily remedied.
    Packin' Heat Leather
    Galco & Bianchi Dealer
    McAllen, Texas USA

I've carried in a tuckable for a while with my rather large Beretta 92. Like everyone else has said, you have to dress around your gun a bit. I find that it only works for me at about 4:30. At 3:00, even my 5 year old knows I'm carrying.

At 4:30, with loose pants (dockers work great for me), and the shirt bloused a bit, you would have to really be looking for it, even with my big ol' gun.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

i tuck almost every day. when i do, i move the gun from 3 to about 3:30 or 4 so that it's more along my back than my hip bone. the gun disappears when my shirt is bloused a little.

Sponsored Links