Thing that made me go hmm...

This is a discussion on Thing that made me go hmm... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this evening in order to maintain matrimonial bliss in our house SWMBO dragged me to a Winterhawks game.. I was extremely hesitant to enter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thing that made me go hmm...

Thing that made me go hmm...

So this evening in order to maintain matrimonial bliss in our house SWMBO dragged me to a Winterhawks game.. I was extremely hesitant to enter the "Helpless Victim" zone that is the Rose Garden but did what had to be done.. I unloaded and secured my XD in my vehicle and we waited for my wifes friend to show up. Went in watch the ref's give Kamloops the game on a silver platter. After the game was over was the thing that made me go hmm... I told my wife to wait for me in the lobby while I ran to the jeep and then we would walk "cheryl" to her car. I get to the jeep along with about 200 other people in the garage and realize as I am unlocking my pistol that "how am I going to load, holster and conceal this thing with people on both sides of my vehicle?

What would or have you done if in a similar situation... Once I get some opinions I'll relate what I elected to do...
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    window tint.

or drive off and find a loading zone close by.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Cover with something handy (a coat), then move to holster the same way?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

where in the vehicle was it stored?

VIP Member
    Usually not a problem, after an event most people are so focused on returning to their vehicle and leaving they have no concept what is going on around them. My method is to remove the weapon still in it’s rug, slip it under my cover garment then transfer it from the rug to the holster, I then reinsert the mag while still under cover. I do not empty the chamber so that in a worse case scenario I have at least one round available until I can reinsert the mag.

you could not have have held it close to the floorboard and loaded it with you legs about it? Get some tint
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Geeesh, what's the deal? Were they all hovered behind you looking over your shoulders?
    If it was in the trunk, wrap it with a coat or something, enter the car and load the magazine.
    Be inventive.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner69 View Post
    ... and realize as I am unlocking my pistol that "how am I going to load, holster and conceal this thing with people on both sides of my vehicle?
    For such times, pocket holsters and BUGs have a place.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I will wear my holster, When I get to my truck, I lift the seat, unlock the box. Then I turn my carry side to the truck, slip the gun in the holster. It happens very quickly. My body covers most of it.

I usually do this several times a week as the businesses I deal with while working are on the don't carry list, mostly hospitals. Just reload facing into the vehicle, and replace on my belt while my right side is turned toward the inside of the V made by my open door. No one ever seemed to notice to date.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Take the fanny pack out of the lock box, strap it on and walk away!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Take the fanny pack out of the lock box, strap it on and walk away!
    LOCK BOX!? Is Al Gore here?

It isnt that big of a deal, when I have to load up or press check it just goes down towards the floor board close to the seat. A casual looky loo would think I dropped a JuJu bean or was tying my shoe.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    LOCK BOX!? Is Al Gore here?
    Hey! Don't knock Al, if he hadn't invented the internet we wouldn't have this forum!

I usually don't have a problem like the one described, because if we are going someplace I know I will have to disarm I carry in the fanny pack and just lock the whole package up when I exit the vehicle.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Had this happen the other day in a parking garage.

Most people don't pay any attention to anything but what they are doing.

I just opened the passenger door and stood facing the inside. I take up the whole door area so there is no chance of anyone seeing around me. I then unlocked the GB and loaded my weapon making sure that there wasn't anyone on the otherside of the car that could see inside. Keep the gun low while loading. No need to raise it up for all to see.

For the reholstering I just pivited to my left like I was getting ready to close the door. Just a quick flip of the shirt (I carry OWB) and a nice smooth reholster.

I think the key of rearming while others are around is not so much the movement (it is a big part of it), but the sound. It's important to be quiet when slamming the mag home and racking the slide. Don't do the normal "BANG and RACK". The sound of a gun racking is a distinctive one. A trained ear will pick up the sound of a slide racking and it may cause others to look for the source of the sound. You rack and they look at you just as you are reholstering.

I personally don't unload the weapon when it is locked in the car. Don't see the need. If you do need to reload just be quiet if you are outside your car.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    window tent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links