cc issues in certain stores?

This is a discussion on cc issues in certain stores? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, this is my first post on here. I Live in NC and there are several stores around (ie..Wal-Mart) that have put banks in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cc issues in certain stores?

Hello all, this is my first post on here. I Live in NC and there are several stores around (ie..Wal-Mart) that have put banks in the front of the store, my concern is even though you are not actually in the bank itself are you still in violation of federal law. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Romans 10:8-10
    Mathew22:29

Jesus Christ is Lord

"Live your life right, so no one will have to lie at your funeral!"

What Federal law are you thinking of?

I don't know of any federal law that prohibits you from carrying in a bank. Are you thinking that because deposits are insured by FDIC that the bank becomes federal property? It doesn't. No more than your home becomes federal property if you buy federally issued flood insurance.

Banks can post their property if they choose, and then they lose my business.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ftltmp View Post
    Hello all, this is my first post on here. I Live in NC and there are several stores around (ie..Wal-Mart) that have put banks in the front of the store, my concern is even though you are not actually in the bank itself are you still in violation of federal law. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    I'm in Texas and I'm sure there are differences in our state concealed carry laws but I do not believe there is any federal law prohibiting lawful carry in a bank. Also, being in Wal-Mart does not put you in a bank unless you were in the bank's operating perimeter.

I carry in banks regularly and there is nothing in the CHL training prohibiting banks nor anything in the DPS concealed carry manual.

Unless there is something in your state code, you should not have anything to worry about.
    Packin' Heat Leather
    Galco & Bianchi Dealer
    McAllen, Texas USA

Is it that NC prohibits CC in banks? That stinks, but I don't think being in the building is the same as being in the bank anyway. But I ain't no lawyer.

No federal law. Before the "shall issue" law was enacted here in MI, the permits issued were often specifically limited to "home, work, and bank."
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

This of course may not be applicable to NC, but I think I read somewhere in Maine law that so long as you don't step foot inside the area set aside for the bank you or ok.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Florida defiantly has not such law

Florida defiantly has not such law.

Be it only a pop gun, that I can hid while warring shorts, I am always armed when I go in to make a deposit.

Welcome to the Group. FYI Commiefornia has no lw barring CCW holders from carrying in a bank.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

I not sure what this means but may be applicable.

(c) A permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in the areas prohibited by G.S. 14‑269.2, 14‑269.3, 14‑269.4, and 14‑277.2, in an area prohibited by rule adopted under G.S. 120‑32.1, in any area prohibited by 18 U.S.C. 922 or any other federal law, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only State or federal offices, in an office of the State or federal government that is not located in a building exclusively occupied by the State or federal government, a financial institution, or on any other premises, except state‑owned rest areas or state‑owned rest stops along the highways, where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises. It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in his body any alcohol or in his blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in his blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts.
    Found this here:
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...14-415.11.html
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Thanks everyone for the advice, I was concerned that there being a financial institution in the same building that it might cause a problem. NC does not allow you to carry into financial inst. I talked with the NC Attorney General a few minutes ago and he said that as of right now there was not a specific law regarding this situation but he did advise me that there could be a fine line there that could create a problem. I agree that as long as I am not in the bank itself that there should not be a problem, I just don't want to jeopardize my cc permit or my future plans of being a LEO. Thanks again for your help.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Glad you checked. Best to go to the horse's mouth.

Welcome to the forum from FL's Space Coast.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

Thanks guys, There is alot of good info here and everyone seems to be very helpful, I am sure I will learn alot of from this site.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Welcome from heaven as well. Luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Clarify

We need a Federal carry law, but Hillary may be writing it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    We need a Federal carry law, but Hillary may be writing it!!!
    Did you have to bring "her" into this conversation. I just ate.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links