SC CWP question....?

This is a discussion on SC CWP question....? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live near georgia, I am not far from charleston, beufort, hilton head, or columbia... wanting to take a cwp class close... I found one ...

Thread: SC CWP question....?

SC CWP question....?

I live near georgia, I am not far from charleston, beufort, hilton head, or columbia... wanting to take a cwp class close... I found one that I might be taking in anderson..

anyways I called the dmv today and they said I have 6 tickets in the past 5 years..... I think thats right on the limit isnt it? will that affect me any? I think most of them were two-five years ago.... I dont think I have had but one in the past 2 years..

thanks

2. Remove Ads

Not entirely certain what your questions is.

No one can say what SLED might do about the "excessive" traffic violations. But you don't (any longer) have to list them. You simply have to answer "traffic violations". Because they are going to run your DMV and find them anyway. It might depend on what they are and the frequency of them and if they all still show up. I think it takes 3 years for them to go off as far as return of the Points. Not sure if they still show up or not. Maybe someone else knows...

As far as a class,

There is a guy up here in my neck of the woods that is real good and very reasonable. He charges $70 and that includes use of a revolver (if you chose to use his) with 50 rounds of ammo for it, Hearing protection, Eye protection, finger printing (right on the spot), Photo, Signs your Application off and all you have to do is fill it out and send it with your check. He is near Liberty SC. Not that far from Anderson. He might even can advise you on the ticket thing a bit. send him an email and see.

Here is his web site:

http://www.cwpclass.com/Class01.htm

How do you still have a license?

From the Sled site:

A minor traffic violation record will not result in denial of your application. However, six (6) multiple traffic offenses within a five (5) year period will be considered a basis of denial. You are not required to report parking offenses

http://www.sled.sc.gov/documents/CWPPermit.doc

the lady at the dmv says I have six... I asked her in the last five years but she may have gave me all of them? I dont know.....

I dont want to waste the money if I cant get it yet and have to wait till a couple go off the 5 year list...

Always go to the AG of your state. They will have all the answers to the questions you seek. Luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Always go to the AG of your state. They will have all the answers to the questions you seek. Luck.
    AG????? where can I find that at?

Administrator
    AG = Attorney General.

Here is a link to the page for the office of the Attorney General of South Carolina.
    All of the contact info. is on that page.
    http://www.scattorneygeneral.org/contact.php
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links