Self protection when disadvantaged - Page 2

Self protection when disadvantaged

This is a discussion on Self protection when disadvantaged within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rob72 True. When I was working EMS, I could cat-nap and/or come out of a deep sleep in-motion. However. The first few ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self protection when disadvantaged

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    True. When I was working EMS, I could cat-nap and/or come out of a deep sleep in-motion. However. The first few months I was married were hell, because each time my wife moved, I was wide awake. Very much a matter of conditioning; its a lot harder to now. (The difference between 20 and 30 has nothing to do with it either, I know )
    Same, here. As an EMT, I napped in a chair or stayed awake for the entire shift. 22- and 24-hr shifts were tough. But my crew routinely marked enroute within 2 minutes, even at 3am. And when we first lived together, I would start at the slightest movement or sound in the room, and had to teach my wife how to wake me safely. I belted her a few times, but she was tough and hit back - it didn't take me too long to learn. 18 years later, I still start, but I don't try to deck her, anymore.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Back to the K9 discussion, herding dogs are bred to be vigilant. I have a 10 yr old Australian Shepherd that goes nuts when someone gets within half a block, and continually patrolls the interior of the house throughout the night. It sees our family as it's flock. He does most of his sleeping during the day when nobody is home.

Herding dogs drive you nuts sometimes because of their intelligence (it's easier to have a dumb dog) and activity level, but their vigilance is something I've really come to appreciate.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links