I Haven't Had a Good Rant In Some Time - Page 3

I Haven't Had a Good Rant In Some Time

This is a discussion on I Haven't Had a Good Rant In Some Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JohnKelly It's not clear who/how you were disarmed.... first, the poster Miggy above who asked about assault charges may be on track. ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKelly View Post
    It's not clear who/how you were disarmed.... first, the poster Miggy above who asked about assault charges may be on track. It could even be aggravated assault since a weapon was involved.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you let someone (other than LEO) disarm you. But maybe I'm missing something.

My policy is, anyone (again, other than LEO) who puts their hand on my weapon or attempts a grab will be dealt with by force. Initially by grabbing their arm and pulling it away while twisting my body away. If their attempt proceeds, by any and all force required. Base of palm to nose works wonders.

There is no way in hell I will ever disarm for anyone other than uniformed LEO, let alone hand my sidearm over to them. I'll leave the premises, go home, whatever.
    I'm with you on this. I don't quite understand why this was allowed to happen? You just don't just grab someone's bulge in a sweater!!
    Tony

I watched an interesting pice on women and firearms on PDTV theother night. They were at Gunsite. The female instructor said if a woman can cut a watermelon or a chicken bone she can rack a slide it is just a matter of technique. Very interesting observation.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Try to grab a cop's gun and see what happens. I'm afraid I'd have reacted in much the same way the cop would have. He'd have been on the floor trying to figure out if he was ever going to see again out of the eye I just jabbed my thumb into. But then, I'm a senior citizen. I can get away with things a big strong young guy can't.

Did this happen at another gunshop?
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Lima

As far as the caliber issue who really knows? How many threads do we have on this forum about what caliber is best?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Time for a day at the spa...

and maybe a good long nap. Some days, it seems like the world piles it on, doesn't it, Lima.

I find that hitting the heavy bag for half an hour usually makes things better, too!

(just don't get punchy w/ JD!)
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Lima,
    Sorry you had to go through that. Reminds me of a story, a few years ago I was deployed to Kuwait. I was working with some Saudi's nationals; we were doing some site surveys on a newly constructed area. We were guarded by a few Army troops and then they had a shift change. Well two of the newly posted guards were female. The Saudi's were in disbelief. They asked me how we can trust females with firearms. I quickly told them, I trust them more than you and why don't you try and mess with them. The fact that females are looked down upon and not trusted in the middle east isn't too hard to believe. When it happens in America, thatís another story...I feel sorry for the BG who doesn't think my wife can defend herself; she's a hell of a shot with a 357Mag...I dare say maybe even better than me.

Administrator
    limatunes has a true Top Gunner mentality and mindset.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    Try to grab a cop's gun and see what happens. I'm afraid I'd have reacted in much the same way the cop would have. He'd have been on the floor trying to figure out if he was ever going to see again out of the eye I just jabbed my thumb into. But then, I'm a senior citizen. I can get away with things a big strong young guy can't.

Did this happen at another gunshop?
    Thats right!!!!!
    limatunes has a true Top Gunner mentality and mindset.
    I think he handled it very well, better than I would have.

Romans 10:8-10
    Mathew22:29

Jesus Christ is Lord

"Live your life right, so no one will have to lie at your funeral!"

Not allowing guns to be carried in a place of business may be their right but grabbing you is quite another matter. I believe it's called assault. Someone should lose his job over that. Just reading about it p----s me off big time.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    JD someone needs a hug!!!!

Way to get it out of your system Lima. This way it won't ruin your weekend. Stay safe!
    Oh trust me "E" she got plenty of pampering

And for those that don't know, Limatunes is a she, and is also my wife

She was "disarmed" by the fact that the OWNER of the property does not want employees to carry in the shop, the shop is ran by the owners sons, one of whom carries

The "man" (using the term loosely) did not remove her pistol, after the incident she took her lunch and left Wilson at home.

I wish she would have shoved an elbow through this guys sternum.

The bottom line is that the owner is an old, crotchety, ******* who doesn't like women, and is probably scared to death of a woman that can make him feel inferior. For now she has to play by their rules to keep working, but if the owner ever so much as lays another hand near her he's going to have to deal with me or a sexual harrassment suit, probably the latter as I would smash him to pieces and end up facing some serious charges.

They aren't getting any of our money that's for sure, and as soon as we settle in a little more I have the feeling that Lima will be looking for another job in the future.

We're still looking into the possibility of opening our own shop, we're actually looking at locations and will be starting a business plan shortly.

Let's see how they like them apples!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Oh trust me "E" she got plenty of pampering

And for those that don't know, Limatunes is a she, and is also my wife

She was "disarmed" by the fact that the OWNER of the property does not want employees to carry in the shop, the shop is ran by the owners sons, one of whom carries

The "man" (using the term loosely) did not remove her pistol, after the incident she took her lunch and left Wilson at home.

I wish she would have shoved an elbow through this guys sternum.

The bottom line is that the owner is an old, crotchety, ******* who doesn't like women, and is probably scared to death of a woman that can make him feel inferior. For now she has to play by their rules to keep working, but if the owner ever so much as lays another hand near her he's going to have to deal with me or a sexual harrassment suit, probably the latter as I would smash him to pieces and end up facing some serious charges.

They aren't getting any of our money that's for sure, and as soon as we settle in a little more I have the feeling that Lima will be looking for another job in the future.

We're still looking into the possibility of opening our own shop, we're actually looking at locations and will be starting a business plan shortly.

Let's see how they like them apples!
    Thats cool guys! Good luck w/ your plans.

Administrator
    I just say you do some smashing to pieces.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    Smashing always sounds good, and always makes me feel better, but in the long run, it's not the best of action to take.....

Unfortunately

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Smashing always sounds good, and always makes me feel better, but in the long run, it's not the best of action to take.....

Unfortunately
    Smashing is the most fun way to do things, but yeah, I'd think you'd lose in the long run.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ok, now I understand a bit more. It sounded as if her gun was taken away from her -- instead she was asked to disarm by her boss.

I had originally read the post as someone taking her gun away. I should have realized if that had been the case the subject would not have been "I Haven't Had a Good Rant In Some Time", but instead "Had To Shoot Someone Today".

Since she's an employee that changes the dynamics of the situation. Since the owner is clearly against women owning guns, you could always refuse to sell any firearms to women - I'm sure he won't mind the drop in sales.

I hope your plan to open your own gun store comes to fruition. There is a *huge* mostly untapped market out there of women who want to protect themselves but can't come to terms with owning/carrying a gun. LimaTunes sets a great example of a woman who carries the means to protect herself with confidence and grace.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links