Defensive Carry banner

Class for FL non resident permit in Roch NY

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  The Fed 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I just sent away for my application packet from Florida and have already contacted the Hillsborough sheriffs department about getting electronically fingerprinted when I am there next month. Would anyone know what class I need to take to meet the requirments for the FL permit and where I can find such a class here in Rochester NY?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I don't think the Sheriff's office in Hillborough County does electronic fingerprinting but I may be wrong. I was told to go to the Pinellas Sheriff's office and get it done. Not every sheriff's office in Florida has the capability.There was a big sign that said you had to have proof of being a county resident when I got there. I told the officer that my sons live in Pinellas County (Oldsmar) and I visit quite regularly he agreed to do it. It cut my wait time to 18 days from mailbox to mailbox.

#4 ·
I called jsut a little while before my post and she said that they indeed do the electronic printing for CCW ONLY. I did also tell her that I was from out of state and it was for a non resident permit and she did not say anything about residency. She said its $5 and to bring my card and ID.

#8 ·
I'll bet is much more than $5 for electronic fingerprinting. Can't always trust what the person on the other end of the phone say, especially when dealing with the county government offices. My wife was charged around $35 I believe when she had her done in Seminole County a few months ago.

#11 ·
If nobody answers you just call local ranges and inquire. If you can't find any ranges, ask at local gun stores. If you have gun shows in your area, there's usually always someone giving FL classes. Might be just a very basic course, but it should meet FL's requirements. It's then up to you to go to more advanced training.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.