Loading Magazine Wearing Gloves?

This is a discussion on Loading Magazine Wearing Gloves? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading a thread from another forum. A guy asked how many people wear gloves to keep there fingerprints off there ammunition. Why would ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loading Magazine Wearing Gloves?

Loading Magazine Wearing Gloves?

I was reading a thread from another forum. A guy asked how many people wear gloves to keep there fingerprints off there ammunition. Why would anyone even think about doing that? I personally think it is rediculous and could turn the table on you in a self defense situation. Perhaps they can play the premeditated game? Anyone here have a legitimate reason why anyone would want to do this? I know I wouldn't. I mean unless I plan on commiting a criminal act, I can find no other reason. If I shoot someone in self defense I am pretty sure it is going to be obvious. I'm not gonna be the guy in the ski mask... nor will I be wearing gloves.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    No legit reason at all. Thats just ignorant paranoia.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Not that i can think of

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Probably the same type of person that believes if you end up shooting a bad guy in your front yard, you should drag the body into the house and then kick in your own door so it looks like he had allready broke in.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Probably the same type of person that believes if you end up shooting a bad guy in your front yard, you should drag the body into the house and then kick in your own door so it looks like he had allready broke in.
    Wow, if that person goes that far, he might as well plant a gun on the perp.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Wow that's a new one. The minds of some of our brethren can be spooky.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    I'll load magazines wearing gloves...

but only if I'm at an outdoor range, and it's freaking cold out!

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Administrator
    I agree that there is something not quite right in a person not wanting their own fingerprints on ammunition that they carry in their firearm for the purpose of legitimate self-defense.

Sounds like a goofball watching too many episodes of Forensic Files.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Worrying about fingerprints on your rounds is very strange, especially if you're a law abiding citizen. I would like to know what is really in the guy's head.

Seems ridiculous to me.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Administrator
    What is in his head? I can tell you exactly what is in his head.
    What is in his head would be a scenario where he would be involved in either a good or bad shoot and then would take off...and go run and hide ...and watch the TV news from under Mommy's bed...rather than call 911 and report the incident. That is what is in his head.
    A guy who thinks he is intelligent enough to beat a Forensic Police & Homicide Investigation and they never are. So he is the guy that will be looking over his shoulder in fear constantly for 2, 5, 10, 20 years until they finally grab his arse and he ends up in prison until all of his teeth and hair are gone from his head.
    That's what's in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by steve63 View Post
    Worrying about fingerprints on your rounds is very strange, especially if your a law abiding citizen. I would like to know what is really in the guy's head.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A thought...

The only reason I can see is if you're hands aren't up to the task. Sometimes, loading that last AR round or packing the last hollow-point into the mag requires a bit of a push...my fingies are sore sometimes after getting ready for the range, too.

Those little plastic loaders are neat, and a better solution than gloves...
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Reminds me of a post I saw elsewhere by an idiot who was discussing getting a "friend" to load the magazine.

My prints are on everything I own or legitimately use (like a keyboard at work). That's one thing I never think about.

Wearing leather or cloth gloves would make it pretty hard for me to load a magazine anyway; wearing thin rubber gloves would quickly shred them. Jamming the last round into the 10th mag of the day (even using the plastic gadget) can be slightly painful, but I think wearing gloves to reduce pain would be offset by interference with grip.

Quote Originally Posted by jcheinaman View Post
    I was reading a thread from another forum. A guy asked how many people wear gloves to keep there fingerprints off there ammunition. Why would anyone even think about doing that? I personally think it is rediculous and could turn the table on you in a self defense situation. Perhaps they can play the premeditated game? Anyone here have a legitimate reason why anyone would want to do this? I know I wouldn't. I mean unless I plan on commiting a criminal act, I can find no other reason. If I shoot someone in self defense I am pretty sure it is going to be obvious. I'm not gonna be the guy in the ski mask... nor will I be wearing gloves.

Some believe, I think it's BS, that the oils from your fingers can damage the primers, making them less reliable.
    -Biker

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    I don't plan on using my weapon during a criminal act, so why would anyone one to keep their fingerprints off the the ammo? I think that might have been someone baiting.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links