Terribly Ridiculous - Page 3

Terribly Ridiculous

This is a discussion on Terribly Ridiculous within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's really a shame that the college students at V.T. did not know to call 911 wait a minute, they did, and see how well ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Terribly Ridiculous

Distinguished Member
    It's really a shame that the college students at V.T. did not know to call 911 wait a minute, they did, and see how well that turned out??

Z

Don't you just hate those 'alarm company' commercials on T.V...
    The dirtbag watches the husband drive away and then proceeds to kick in the front door...? The wife drops a plate, the phone rings..."Is everything OK?" The wife answers, "No, someone tried to break into the house..." The alarm company promises to call the police...Yeah, great...

It would be a much better if the phone rang, and the alarm company asks, "Is everything OK?" Then the woman answers, "Yes sir...someone tried to break into our house! I feared for my life, and the lives of my children...so I shot to stop the threat...the thug is laying just inside our front door...there is a lot of blood! Please send someone to take a report and clean up the mess! Thanks for calling..."

The latter would make a much better commercial...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The dirtbag watches the husband drive away and then proceeds to kick in the front door...? The wife drops a plate, the phone rings..."Is everything OK?" The wife answers, "No, someone tried to break into the house..." The alarm company promises to call the police...Yeah, great...

It would be a much better if the phone rang, and the alarm company asks, "Is everything OK?" Then the woman answers, "Yes sir...someone tried to break into our house! I feared for my life, and the lives of my children...so I shot to stop the threat...the thug is laying just inside our front door...there is a lot of blood! Please send someone to take a report and clean up the mess! Thanks for calling..."

You must have been an ad executive in a past life

Z

Administrator

If people actually understood how alarms work, I doubt many would sell. Heres what happens;
    Your alarm goes off, the alarm calls the alarm company. The alarm company figures out whom the customer is, where they are etc. Alarm company rep. calls your local dispatch center, and relays information to the dispatch. Dispatch does their job and radios the officers. Assuming they are not on another detail, officers drive to your home. Keep in mind they are not in any particular hurry, because 99 out of 100 alarm “drops” are false.
    This all could take as little as 5 minutes or much much longer. Even in the best case scenario, I know I could do a lot of damage in five minutes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thumbs up

I'd pay money to see a commercial like that! You guys are awesome. Thanks for letting me share that crap with you.
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I hope they NEVER have to test those theories.
    I'm sure many of them have. Many of the remainder will. It's highly likely to turn out just that way. What's worse is that such folks often would like to take the rest with them on that path, forcibly. Sad. Truly sad.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Search Didn't Help...

Does anyone have the video clip of the gal sitting at home during a break-in attempt, looked like a real commercial, then at the last minute she opens up on the BG with a 'full auto'...???
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree wholeheartedly!!!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Someone should have her dial 911 to see the resopnse time. Fake an attack on her.
    Keep your powder dry

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Sixto, I thought that the alarm company first calls your home. That's how it worked when we had our alarm go off inadvertently when I was living at home with my parents. I couldn't tell you who the service provider was. All I know is that when the alarm went off, police were not dispatched to our house. We were called, and asked to give a code word that would indicate all was ok. If the code was not produced, the cops would (presumably) be dispatched.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSal View Post
    if she survives the test, I guarantee she will be trying t sue her local 911 for their failure to protect her..
    Now this is the sad truth.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Sixto, I thought that the alarm company first calls your home. That's how it worked when we had our alarm go off inadvertently when I was living at home with my parents. I couldn't tell you who the service provider was. All I know is that when the alarm went off, police were not dispatched to our house. We were called, and asked to give a code word that would indicate all was ok. If the code was not produced, the cops would (presumably) be dispatched.
    This is correct. An alarm can be useful as a layer in an overall defensive strategy. If there is someone intent on doing mischief in my home, it would proceed something like this:

1st line, the dogs. They can hear/smell if a squirrel snuck across onto the property. If they are alert, I'm alert.

2nd line, standard window/door locks

3rd line, alarm to signal that some kind of action needs to be taken. On the plus side, if the phone is not answered and I can't get to it for whatever reason, the police will eventually show up.

Last line, me. Doing whatever I can to stop the attack.

What really baffles me is that people install smoke detectors and fire extinguishers against fires; extra food, water, candles against power outages; fuel, clothing, medicines against disasters. Those are all acts of God that may never even occur in someone's life. When it comes to defending their home against predators, that same government that can't provide for them in a disaster can protect them in a time-sensitive, life or death situation.

I don't get the logic.

Maybe all those cell phone advocates were really talking about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpvmwu_6i8

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Thats very true. I forgot to add that time consuming step.
    "Just blame Sixto"

To steal a phrase from comedian Bill Engvall, "Here's your (stupid person) sign...".
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links