Terribly Ridiculous

This is a discussion on Terribly Ridiculous within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My question would be this. Police are not liable for not being there to protect you, but would the Brady Bunch be liable for printing ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Terribly Ridiculous

My question would be this.

Police are not liable for not being there to protect you, but would the Brady Bunch be liable for printing that? They are trying to sway people to their side, but in effect or lying to them and putting them in danger.

If I was the range officer and told someone they were safe to go downrange while others are shooting and they get shot, the club and myself would be seeing a lawsuit.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

2. Remove Ads

im curious........

how good was cell phone reception in the immediate post katrina new orleans?

how 'bout LEO response in the same oh, week, two, 5.....

go go gadget phone!!

ree
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If people actually understood how alarms work, I doubt many would sell. Heres what happens;
    I don't think alarms are that useless...if you have a plan of action involving defending oneself. We have an alarm, but not to get the police here any faster than I could with a 911 call. I'll wake up more easily to the sound of a 125dB interior siren than to the sound of someone picking a door lock or even breaking glass on the first floor.

brady should have died in that assisnation attempt for his wife really holds all firearms accountable for the missuse and poorly aimed 22 caliber 6 shot revolver.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ree View Post
    I don't think alarms are that useless...if you have a plan of action involving defending oneself. We have an alarm, but not to get the police here any faster than I could with a 911 call. I'll wake up more easily to the sound of a 125dB interior siren than to the sound of someone picking a door lock or even breaking glass on the first floor.
    I never said or implied they are useless, just that they dont work as quick as many believe.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by briansmech View Post
    im curious........

how good was cell phone reception in the immediate post katrina new orleans?
    I ran a satellite truck in New Orleans and Southern Mississippi after Katrina. No cell service at all, I had to use Sat Phones for a couple of weeks. You couldn't call 911 if you wanted to without satellite communications. Loss of cell service is normal after a hurricane or tornado. You have to be prepared to fend for yourself.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    WOW!

I hope they NEVER have to test those theories.
    I know I am a moral degenerate but it is my fondest wish that Sara Brady and each everyone of Brady Bunch all die at the hands of a enraged sadistic psychopath suffering long horrifically painful Freddy Cruger, Quentin Tarantino deaths. That in each case there be verifiable proof that they would have lived had they been armed. Maybe not justice for all the murder, rapes, pain and suffering they cause but if would some small bit of gratification. Or at least funny as hell
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

There are many different alarm companies, and many different types of service. I can personally attest to the fact that after we accidentally tripped the alarm at the shop while closing one day, in less than five minutes there were two cops with shotguns coming up the drive. And nobody called first. It depends on the service one buys. I personally wouldn't have a service that depended on a call-back.

That being said, there are a lot more false alarms received from residential clients than from businesses. My city starts charging people for false alarms after a certain number. So I think the call-back setup is optional for those who wish to avoid being charged.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by steve24 View Post
    My wife and I came up on a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago. When she dialed 911...she got a busy signal!!!

Luckily, another motorist did get through.
    My wife and had a motorcycle accident two years ago this month. My wife flew half a block. She broke her back I got trapped under the bike and stopped the bike with my face hitting a guard rail. Four cars drove right past us. It took an hour and a half for the ambulance to get there. Two hours after that with a catheter in, on IV drugs fluids, on oxygen, tubes down my throat, up my nose awaiting emergency surgery the Officer has my blood taken and charges me with a DUI because I tested positive for pain meds.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
    Can I share with you the saddest, most outrageous comment I have read in a while? The following was taken from the comment section following an article in the Deseret Morning News on people open carrying here in the area. My shock isn't the debate over open carry or not (that's up to you and your state) but at the comment a sheep made not once but TWICE:

"Why would anyone need a gun?

Check out sara brady's web site, I am perfectly safe without one, and she has statistics to prove it.

I have a cell phone with 911 on speed dial. When confronted by a violent criminal, when I call 911, the criminal runs, knowing the police will be there immediately to protect me."

The original article appears here: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695220748,00.html
    Look how safe he husband was without a gun depending on others to protect him. Maybe she is a man hater and wants all men to be carrots like her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    I can personally attest to the fact that after we accidentally tripped the alarm at the shop while closing one day, in less than five minutes there were two cops with shotguns coming up the drive. .
    mmm, let's see, BG + sheep + 5 min. = how many rounds fired and reloads?

You'd be killed and they'd have time to make a sandwich before getting away!

911 might as well be a direct line to CSI so they can come out and take the crime scene photos. 911 might be OK for accidents and such, but not so good with immediate threat of violence.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Does anyone have the video clip of the gal sitting at home during a break-in attempt, looked like a real commercial, then at the last minute she opens up on the BG with a 'full auto'...???

Here it is!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXJnwEO4rBw

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    There are many different alarm companies, and many different types of service. I can personally attest to the fact that after we accidentally tripped the alarm at the shop while closing one day, in less than five minutes there were two cops with shotguns coming up the drive. And nobody called first. It depends on the service one buys. I personally wouldn't have a service that depended on a call-back.

That being said, there are a lot more false alarms received from residential clients than from businesses. My city starts charging people for false alarms after a certain number. So I think the call-back setup is optional for those who wish to avoid being charged.
    My Mother in Law must have a cut rate service. If her alarm is tripped they first call her then they call someone on her call list (My sister in law) she then calls her mom, If she gets no answer she calls my wife and we go out to see if she is OK. I don’t think the Sheriffs department is ever involved.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

FBI Statistics indicate that less than 20 percent of 911 calls for assistance in defense of violent assaults/crimes are answered in under 5 minutes.

That gives the bad guy, shooting slowly, about time enough to get off 150 - 200 accurately placed rounds at close range before anyone comes to knock on your door to read the meter.

God bless America

Distinguished Member
    Yes, 911 and the police deter all crime. These murder statistics must be a misnomer...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links