Terribly Ridiculous

This is a discussion on Terribly Ridiculous within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It really disturbs me to hear things like that. Here in my town just last month there was a lady that had a similar situation ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Terribly Ridiculous

It really disturbs me to hear things like that. Here in my town just last month there was a lady that had a similar situation at a local fuel station. Unfortunately her situation ended very differently. When they showed the video on the late night news it painfully reminded just how "SHEEPISH" some people really are. Unfortunately, this young (single)mother of 3 had to pay the ultimate price. (Shot 7 times while calling 911...)

2. Remove Ads

Comment from the article:

If one of these people decides to go Dirty Harry in public, and one of my loved ones is shot, I will sue them for everything they own including the gun - with no apologies. These guys have no clue on how to use a gun in public.
    Yeah, cause this happens all the time. Every day on the news we hear stories about legally armed citizens sitting in the IHOP all of a sudden going berserk and shooting everyone in sight. Wait, no we don't. (And we certainly would if it happened.

If you don't like guns, that's fine. But can you at least use some logic, and think beyond the end of your nose? And who in the #$#^%#% is he to decide who has a clue how to use a gun in public? I mean *sigh* I can't go on, I'll say some rather un-nice things.

I'll share a quick story that happened in my large urban midwestern department last week. There is one gang on our near south side at war with another gang on the near south side. There were two 15 year olds who in the space of 15 minutes shot up two houses and two 16 year olds. People were calling 911 all over the place. At any rate, when the police showed up the 15 year olds opened fire and wounded both officers, with an ensuing gunfight. Both officers are now out of the hospital and the suspects are both in custody. My point is this: If the offenders would open fire on armed police officers after many 911 calls, what would they do to some unarmed female with a cell phone?
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post

"Why would anyone need a gun?

Check out sara brady's web site, I am perfectly safe without one, and she has statistics to prove it.
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Sarah Brady's husband shot while surrounded by police and secret service agents?
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkhal View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Sarah Brady's husband shot while surrounded by police and secret service agents?
    Good point. Kinda puts the kaibosh on the "criminals are deterred by cell phones" mentality, when they aren't deterred by dozens of highly trained and well armed men standing 5 feet away...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Sure, the police will be there faster than the dirt bag that's already there. They don't run, since you probably will not even have a chance to speed dial, before they do what they want to do. There are only a limited number of police and it's impossible to be everywhere at once.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    "Excuse me Mr. Bad Rapist Killer Person, will you please pause while I dig my cell phone out of my purse?"

Last time I dialed 911, it took 20 minutes for the cops to arrive. Not that I blame them, they're not magicians.

A lot of people really do live in a rosy bubble world. I suppose it's easier than living in reality, because living in reality would mean doing something to be responsible for oneself, and that's like...too hard to do.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    hmmm.....

Sunday afternoon I was driving home from work when I observed a driver driving recklessly (i.e. weaving in a out of traffic at a high rate of speed, causing several cars to jam on their brakes...and driving on the shoulder).

I called 911 and was PUT ON HOLD by the Fairfax 911 system....until about 3 minutes later when someone answered...yeah--tell me how long 3 minutes is if someone is pounding on my door.

Fools....
    My wife teaches Aerobics at our church twice a week, she is accredited by 2 different groups. She also carries. She teaches a mixed male / female class. A guy came in durning class and said he was checking it out for his wife to the second instructor. All of a sudden, the 2nd insturctor screams, Joan, get your gun. The guy was grabbing purses. when I heard that, he dropped them and cut out running. She call 911 and was on

HOLD FOR 14 MINUTES

Listening to a recording tell here not to hang up.

Funny thing she did not have hers with her. She had always had a problem with carring only when she felt she nneded it, and not when she felt safe. She carries it all the time now.

The local newspaper did a article on her and tilted it "Annie get your gun.... Even if it is a pretend one".

NRA interviewed her on the radio program. They asked her what was the 1st thought that went through your mind, she answered "Of all the times not to have my pistol". Then she quickly added.... "And my second thought is my husband is going to kill me" I had told her time and time again to always have it with her.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

hahaha

all I have to say to someone like that is:

"GLHF"

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    All of a sudden, the 2nd insturctor screams, Joan, get your gun. The guy was grabbing purses. when I heard that, he dropped them and cut out running.
    ... and God forbid, if the BG hadn't run out? Your wife could have been his first target.

Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    I'll share a quick story that happened in my large urban midwestern department last week. There is one gang on our near south side at war with another gang on the near south side. There were two 15 year olds who in the space of 15 minutes shot up two houses and two 16 year olds. People were calling 911 all over the place. At any rate, when the police showed up the 15 year olds opened fire and wounded both officers, with an ensuing gunfight. Both officers are now out of the hospital and the suspects are both in custody. My point is this: If the offenders would open fire on armed police officers after many 911 calls, what would they do to some unarmed female with a cell phone?
    Well that tripped my trigger. I get so sick of hearing "the Cop shooter was apprehended." Cop shooters should be DEAD!

I am surprised that no one in this thread has mentioned the most common response I see to the belief that one should only call 911.

"When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away!"

You stole my fire Puppy. Only the way I heard it was "When seconds are a matter of life and death the police................."

i gotta laugh at that. unfortunatly for many it is true. oddly enough looking at the comments on that article it looks like the brady bunch have conceded that informal debate.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    People stupid enough to believe that crap probably need to be weeded out of the gene pool anyway.
    They will.......
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links