Terribly Ridiculous - Page 6

Terribly Ridiculous

This is a discussion on Terribly Ridiculous within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Puppy I am surprised that no one in this thread has mentioned the most common response I see to the belief that ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Terribly Ridiculous

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    I am surprised that no one in this thread has mentioned the most common response I see to the belief that one should only call 911.

"When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away!"
    I am very proud of my agency's emergency response time of 3 minutes or less.

That being said, even ONE minute is a very long time to wait for help while someone is trying to harm you.

You can neither afford, nor do you want, enough cops to ensure that one will respond "immediately", if by immediately you mean fast enough to save everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post

That being said, even ONE minute is a very long time to wait for help while someone is trying to harm you.

You can neither afford, nor do you want, enough cops to ensure that one will respond "immediately", if by immediately you mean fast enough to save everyone.
    What needs to be done is to separate the criminal police from the traffic wardens, as is done in many european countries. Using a highly trained peace officer to run a speed gun and write up minor civil infractions is a waste of the taxpayers' money. Same goes for using trained deputies as jailers and turnkeys in our county jails. These people could be less highly trained and paid less. And the real police would have more time to do investigations and neighborhood patrolling. It's annoying to see a unit hiding behind a bush poaching minor speeders when they could be doing REAL police work. We have a huge backlog of arrest warrants here, and no manpower to deal with it.
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Wow, I am speechless!
    ------------------------------------------
    Smith & Wesson Model 637 .38 Special
    Ruger P89, 9mm
    ------------------------------------------

This lady has clearly lost her mind!!! I just hope she never has to find out the hard way that is very wrong in a very life ending way!

Senior Moderator
    FBI Statistics indicate that less than 20 percent of 911 calls for assistance in defense of violent assaults/crimes are answered in under 5 minutes.

That is an excellent response time. I was informed the other day that my county was doing much better than they had the year before. Although its not "official" for this year yet...since we still have a few days to go...our response time is averaging just over 23 minutes for the entire county.

This is a very rural community with 85 percent of the county population of around 59,000 with in a 12 mile area. The other part of the county is Ozark Mountain and very sparsely populated. The problem is...if you happen to be at the S.O. or in city limits when you get a 911 call on the other end of the county, it could take over 1 hour of travel time to get there, and thats if you stepped it up.

Thats not unusual for the northern part of Arkansas. You incorporated city's with their own Police Dept's. have much better response times but if you live out in the country you had better be able to take care of a violent encounter yourself, because the only help you are going to get is whatever YOU provide.
    Those are prepared may survive it...and those that aren't wont.

Thats the bottom line.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

No disrespect to the police.But,the way I look at it. The police are just there to clean up after the parties over.I would never put my life on the line waiting for the police to protect me or mine.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links