Terribly Ridiculous

This is a discussion on Terribly Ridiculous within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can I share with you the saddest, most outrageous comment I have read in a while? The following was taken from the comment section following ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terribly Ridiculous

Angry Terribly Ridiculous

Can I share with you the saddest, most outrageous comment I have read in a while? The following was taken from the comment section following an article in the Deseret Morning News on people open carrying here in the area. My shock isn't the debate over open carry or not (that's up to you and your state) but at the comment a sheep made not once but TWICE:

"Why would anyone need a gun?

Check out sara brady's web site, I am perfectly safe without one, and she has statistics to prove it.

I have a cell phone with 911 on speed dial. When confronted by a violent criminal, when I call 911, the criminal runs, knowing the police will be there immediately to protect me."

The original article appears here: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695220748,00.html
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    WOW!

I hope they NEVER have to test those theories.

Sure not where I live. My wife called the Sheriff one time, a 911 call. The dispatch told her that we'd better take care of the problem because they couldn't get there for 45 minutes.
    (Some strange drunk woman showed up at our front door at about midnight - we just had her sit down outside and smoke cigarettes until the Sheriff showed up, so not a big deal, but we didn't know what was going on. The woman even asked us why we were holding guns.....)

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    some people have no grasp of reality. Naivite doesn't begin to describe it.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

People stupid enough to believe that crap probably need to be weeded out of the gene pool anyway.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

That's not sad, it is hilarious. A criminal will run from the very sight of a cell phone. That is so stupid it is beyond belief. Wonder why that is never portrayed on TV and movie crime shows? Can you see Tony Soprano's hench man Paulie is about to knee cap someone with a baseball bat when the intended victim flips open his cell phone sending Paulie running in fear? Or maybe a more realistic scenario is the BG takes the cell phone away from this twit and shoves it where the sun-don't-shine before doing some real harm to them.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

My wife and I came up on a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago. When she dialed 911...she got a busy signal!!!

Luckily, another motorist did get through.

hmmm.....

Sunday afternoon I was driving home from work when I observed a driver driving recklessly (i.e. weaving in a out of traffic at a high rate of speed, causing several cars to jam on their brakes...and driving on the shoulder).

I called 911 and was PUT ON HOLD by the Fairfax 911 system....until about 3 minutes later when someone answered...yeah--tell me how long 3 minutes is if someone is pounding on my door.

Fools....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Unless me or mine are threatened, I've become convinced that the best thing I can do is ... nothing. Let those-on-the-other-side suffer the consequences of their decisions. With any luck, some of them may be democrats.

JEC
    I don't know.....my cell phone does look a little like a phaser
    "beam me up Scotty"

Jack

[edit] Sorry folks, after re-reading my own post it does'nt really seem to fit the thread.
    Just a very, very weak attempt at some humor.
    Last edited by JEC; October 24th, 2007 at 01:46 PM.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    If that is a direct quote, I have to imagine there is a good chance it was meant sarcastically. What do you think?

Surely... surely that comment was made tongue-in-cheek. I hope.

Statements like that don't bother me. After all it's her choice and her belief. Where I start getting upset is when they (the sheeple) try to take away my choice and force their beliefs on me. I get real interested at that point.

I'm sorry her husband got shot by a kook and was subsequently paralyzed... But does being a kook herself help?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Senior Moderator
    I hope they NEVER have to test those theories.
    I hope they do. It often takes a life thereatening event to change the minds of sheeple.

If they live thorugh it that is...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links