Unlicensed Carry In Las Vegas, Nv - Page 2

Unlicensed Carry In Las Vegas, Nv

This is a discussion on Unlicensed Carry In Las Vegas, Nv within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by skvinson Is it legal to carry an unloaded firearm (pistol) in the car (in the trunk)? I'm guessing it is, but I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlicensed Carry In Las Vegas, Nv

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skvinson View Post
    Is it legal to carry an unloaded firearm (pistol) in the car (in the trunk)? I'm guessing it is, but I want to make sure. I live in AZ. I'm driving up to Hoover Dam, then over to the Grand Canyon. I have my AZ CCW, and I definitely want to have my pistol with me. I plan on unloading it and putting it in a case in the trunk before I drive out of AZ. I've heard they randomly check vehicles at Hoover Dam, so I don't want to have any problems.

Thanks
    If it's unloaded and locked in a case in the trunk (the case may not be needed, but it would certainly be better for you, since you have to drive through Boulder) you should be ok.

Squawker - Thanks.

I got my paper work and finger prints in Friday. I was informed by a buddy of mine that they are looking at a 30 to 45 day turn around now, he has a very reliable source that works in the CCW detail. One can just hope.

Wow

there is a lot of locals that is nice we should meet out at boulder range and have some fun sometime i am a soon to be member and i like it since they cleaned it up..
    well i OC all the time everyday all over town in front of cops in the pawn shop were it got robed 1 day after,,,, the one on flamingo ,,SUPER PAWN @ 2 months ago ,,and i have to say i have had all positive time out...
    only 1 place were the boss man said something ,habitat for humanity
    that was it..
    but i sent and did my fingerprints for my CCW to and the instructor
    said the same 30-40 out..and i still get my old CCW # from 2003
    so i hope that moves mine along...
    i also was surprised to see that i paid 299 in 1998 and i paid 180 this time and that was for 2 guns...
    so to wrap it up i OC all the time and will not stop ,,,no reason too
    my wife is in records down in LMVPD and she has ask some officers
    and they said it is no big deal and so there ya go
    about

Unleashed, I would love to get a get together going. Count me in. I always OC in Alaska as it was no big deal. I have heard bad things about OC here in Vegas. Yours is the first positive experince I have heard of. I live in NLV and their laws up here are a bit differnt, I dont even think you can open carry in NLV.

nice

sounds good,,,i am off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and go to Boulder
    on Tuesdays ,,u can carry in north las Vegas as long as the gun is on your persons in the car or CCW ing ,,i remember the instructor
    telling use something to that effect will look in my book they gave use to be sure,, yep i love OCing and i do not understand all the bad vibes
    that people say ,,or they are just repeating what they heard ,,not sure/
    but i tell u from first hand experience

Quote Originally Posted by VegasSIG View Post
    Unleashed, I would love to get a get together going. Count me in. I always OC in Alaska as it was no big deal. I have heard bad things about OC here in Vegas. Yours is the first positive experince I have heard of. I live in NLV and their laws up here are a bit differnt, I dont even think you can open carry in NLV.
    to my best understanding..you can open carry in NLV as it is state law. You can not carry concealed in a car though. You can carry concealed with permit though. I am almost 100% on this. Try searching on here....it where I seem to remember reading this info or links to it...

I am not sure on Boulder but I think the same applies.

North Las Vegas Municipal Code

http://municipalcodes.lexisnexis.com...egas/index.htm

9.32.010 Concealed weapon prohibited--Allowed with permit.

No person, except a peace officer, shall wear or in any manner carry concealed upon his person any loaded or unloaded gun, pistol or revolver, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon permitted to be carried by law without having, at the same time, actually in his possession, and upon his person, an unexpired permit to do so issued by the chief of police. (Prior code § 7.22.010)

9.32.050 Person with concealed weapon not to loiter.

It is unlawful for any person, while carrying concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon, to loaf or loiter upon any public street, sidewalk or alley, or to wander about from place to place with no lawful business thereby to perform, or to hide, lurk, or loiter upon or about the premises of another. It is unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loiter about any place where intoxicating liquors are sold or any other place of public resort. (Prior code § 7.22.050)

9.32.060 Person with concealed weapon not to be disorderly.

It is unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person or who has in his immediate physical possession any dangerous or deadly weapon to engage in any fight or to participate in any rough or disorderly conduct or to participate in any other rough or disorderly conduct upon any public place or way or upon the premises of another. (Prior code § 7.22.060)

9.32.080 Deadly weapon prohibited in vehicle--Exceptions.

It is unlawful for any person to have in his possession in any automobile, truck, motorcycle, or any other type of vehicle any dangerous or deadly weapon, but this restriction shall not be deemed to prohibit the carrying of ordinary tools or equipment carried in good faith for uses of honest work, trade or business, or for the purpose of legitimate sport or recreation. (Ord. 596 § 1, 1978: prior code § 7.22.070)

----------------

Any Questions?

Ken

thats what i said....Without a CCW permit, a firearm may be concealed in your home or vehicle as long as it is not on your person, concealed by your person, or in a personal item (such as a purse, backpack, briefcase) carried by you

it is not illegal to conceal a weapon in your vehicle in the state of nevada. it is considered a place of residence in nevada. car carry ok. as of open carry in las vegas, reno, and parts of sparks you will get a fine. dont know how or why but they dont allow you to open carry.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Quote Originally Posted by VegasSIG View Post
    How do you all interpret this: NRS 200.120 “Justifiable homicide” defined. Justifiable homicide is the killing of a human being in necessary self-defense, or in defense of habitation, property or person, against one who manifestly intends, or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against any person or persons who manifestly intend and endeavor, in a violent, riotous, tumultuous or surreptitious manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein.

[1911 C&P § 129; RL § 6394; NCL § 10076]—(NRS A 1983, 518)
    You can kill in self-defence against someone who violently attempts to commit a felony against you or someone who enters your home with intent to harm you or anyone living there.

All of the other adjectives pretty much just describe the different ways someone can violently attack you or your home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links