My job or my life?

This is a discussion on My job or my life? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work as a security guard at a trucking company that hauls a lot of million dollar loads,like cigs,computers,etc.I work the midnight shift with one ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My job or my life?

Angry My job or my life?

I work as a security guard at a trucking company that hauls a lot of million dollar loads,like cigs,computers,etc.I work the midnight shift with one other guard,well sunday night he got robbed by 2 men with guns to his head.They stole a truck with 3 million dollars worth of cigs in it,luckily he wasn't hurt.I was off that night and found out about it when I came in monday night.We are not supposed to cary,but I always have anyway.I already draw social security and was planing on retiring the end of this year.Well now the place is in an uproar and they have the police coming through about 3 or 4 times a night.all this is for background.I was just carrying a small keltec 380 in my pocket but now I am carrying my kimber ultra carry in a kangaroo holster and my wife says I better not carry at work.The other guard knows I do and says don't get caught.This is my statement.I don't care I want a chance to defend my self.If they find out,then tough Crap.They can fire me for all they want.I just wanted to rant to like minded people that would understand.

2. Remove Ads

my dad (years back) drove out of waxahachie , for national frieght .
    i was a kid hiding in the sleeper (dispatcher didn't like kids) but i remember the area being desolate .
    keep safe priorty one !

elance

Carry it, I would.

Carry and draw that paycheck up until they fire you, IF they fire you..you have the right to defend yourself

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    There are other jobs, but you can't get another life! You may want to start off should a similar situation arise, by just letting them take the stuff. No sense risking your life if you don't have to. And, the merchandise is insured. But, I agree with your carrying. If the situation turns south, and they decide that they want to kill you to avoid witnesses, then you can pull out the Kimber and surprise the hell out of them. In any event, good luck. Just make it to your retirement in one piece.

Carry your weapon for your own protection, not to defend some companies cigarets or computers. If BG's want merchandise thats replaceable let them take it if your life isn't on the line, if you feel personally threatened then take appropriate action!

Dr Sal,You are right,thats my opinion exactly.sj

i would carry if i were you. especially if your not 100000% dependent on this job

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    i would carry if i were you. especially if your not 100000% dependent on this job
    Ditto!...It's hard to cash the paychecks if you're dead....
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Carry It Or Quit.
    I know you don't want some thug telling you to get on your knees and putting a muzzle to the back of your head.
    I'm sure your Wife does not want you possibly "done in execution style" either.
    You are probably a great guard and you can get another job anywhere.
    Carry at this job - Keep your Situational Awareness - and spend your free time really looking HARD for another job - you are much more valuable to another employer if they think they are pulling you away from another job - than if you just start looking for another job as an unemployed person.
    Then as soon as you have a new job you can turn in your resignation at this one.

And BTW...tell your Wife that now that you guys have sucessfully been "hit" once - the chances ARE much greater that you'll get hit AGAIN. That's the truth...so Be Careful!
    Bad Guys like to go with a "sure thing" if possible and so you might get hit again and real soon.
    The next time...the Bad Guys might not decide to let folks remain alive.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Carry... Carry... Carry! Don't let an employer tell you not to defend your life when necessary.

It's a company policy, not a law...
    Concealed is concealed...
    In this situation, based on what you have said...I would also carry the Kimber Ultra and a couple of extra mags...

Good luck...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Life is worth more than a job!

Carry your weapon. Don't tell anyone that you do, cause people talk a lot...word will get around that you are packing at work.

As far as the security aspect of it, do your job as you would if you didn't have a weapon on you. If it ever comes down to it, use your weapon to defend yourself, not company property.

No job is worth dying for. Obviously, if you see armed men be prepared for a fire fight but try to not get involved. Just call 911 and say there are armed men on the property.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

If the Senate passes the SCHIP program, those cigarettes will be even a bigger target. Stay safe.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links