Denver Nuggets- Pepsi Center

This is a discussion on Denver Nuggets- Pepsi Center within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may be taking in a Denver Nuggets some time next month at the Pepsi Center. My (admittedly imperfect) understanding of Colorado law is that ...

Thread: Denver Nuggets- Pepsi Center

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

I may be taking in a Denver Nuggets some time next month at the Pepsi Center.

My (admittedly imperfect) understanding of Colorado law is that you can CCW at arenas, etc, but NOT if they security personnel AND metal detectors permanently in place AND require everyone with a weapon to leave it out.

Do they wand/metal detect everyone who goes into the Pepsi Center for Nuggets games?
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I can't say for sure what the procedure is at the pepsi center. I have been to many professional sporting events around the PA area and have never been wanded or forced through a metal detector. The extent of the search is usually a look inside your bags or purses that you may or may not have with you. Maybe someone else on here can let you know for sure.

i have never been wanded for anything at the pepsi center. Yes unless there are metal detectors perm installed you can carry.

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    i have never been wanded for anything at the pepsi center. Yes unless there are metal detectors perm installed you can carry.
    Not true.

The Pepsi center is privately owned. While legal to carry there, they are perfectly within their rights to deny it on their property.

They have wands and use them randomly. I've been there several times. I got wonded once or twice, patted down once.

I leave mine at home and take pepper spray. That's against the rules too, but I'm willing to toss the pepper spray in the trash if caught. You may not get back in if you take a gun. Either way it's a long walk back to the car.

It's their house, therefor their rules. At your house, it's your rules.

The Pepsi Center bans all weapons. I was confronted by a frantic woman who appeared to be ready to scream/faint/pepper spray me when she spied the clip to a knife in my front pocket. I of course didn't do myself any favors by wearing a Busse Combat Knife Tshirt that night either.

She demanded I remove the knife before allowing me entry. I went outside, wandered around a few minutes after relocated the offending instrument to my nadular region and re-entered through a different door, but at the same entrance.

She had informed the other security personal about said troublemaker and I was the carefully scrutinized as I made my way back to my waiting buddy. Luckily they did not wand me.

Next time I will put the knife fully in my pocket so as to not make it so easy for them to spot me.

The only time I have ever been patted down would be at a rock concert. That was at ozzfest in NJ... Enough said. They seem more concerned about bottle caps more than anything... You should be fine.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The link below is a pretty accurate list of posted businesses, in case you go anywhere other than the Pepsi Center. Private property can be posted with any kind of sign. You can be asked to leave for any reason. If you leave, no problem. If you refuse, you could be cited for trespassing.

http://www.rmgo.org/merchant/merchant_listing.shtml

I went to Invesco last night and accidentally carried my knife in. The guard didn't even pat me below the waist. I was amazed.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links