Kent State Newspaper Against CCW

This is a discussion on Kent State Newspaper Against CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Kent Stater ran an article in the newspaper saying how students shouldn't be allowed to carry on campus without reviewing any facts first. Read ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kent State Newspaper Against CCW

The Kent Stater ran an article in the newspaper saying how students shouldn't be allowed to carry on campus without reviewing any facts first. Read the article and comment if you feel compelled to.

http://ln-s.net/17Vy

Administrator
    You act as if this comes as a suprise... its Kent State.
    "Just blame Sixto"

oh i know. i hate the school, i am trying to get out as quickly as i can.

Administrator
    Its not a bad school education wise, as long as you are smart enough to see through the smoke. (sounds like you are... you're here after all!) I have a couple of friends that went there, and I almost did too. It just has become the mecca of liberalism in Ohio.
    "Just blame Sixto"

'Having a gun on campus is a completely different matter. There are more people around. The chances of something going wrong and people getting hurt increase exponentially. "

If this is their opinion, I'll expect to see an editorial from them advocating the disarming of public security (campus police).
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by badmojo View Post
    'Having a gun on campus is a completely different matter. There are more people around. The chances of something going wrong and people getting hurt increase exponentially. "

If this is their opinion, I'll expect to see an editorial from them advocating the disarming of public security (campus police).
    They are totally right. My holstered pistol has much greater chances of going off when I'm in Walmart and there's people everywhere. Sometimes I really hate irrational people.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

The Berkley of Ohio huh???
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    The Berkley of Ohio huh???
    You got it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

No surprise. Unfortunately college is a necessary thing these days and its sad that people have that attitude....and so many seem to be drawn to become college teachers and administrators.
    I guess if a person had a "correct" gun attitude and worked at a college, if they expressed there attitudes and opinions they would not get very far there.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Anti-gun morons will say anything, no matter how nonsensical and illogical, to avoid admitting the truth--that CCW is a force for good, and rarely causes problems, and is better than what we have now, which is lambs to the slaughter.

Excuse me-
    "Having a gun on campus is a completely different matter. There are more people around. The chances of something going wrong and people getting hurt increase exponentially. It's no longer a matter of risking the lives of just your family. By carrying a gun around campus, you are making yourself responsible for the lives and safety of everyone you encounter."
    This shows us what they really think--
    WE are a risk to the lives of our families, but that's OK...just don't go outside and endanger anyone else. Of course their answer is "we can't be responsible for ourselves, so let's have policies (Gun Free Zone) make us safe. And if anybody violates the policy, then it's THEIR fault."
    Last edited by spydad; October 31st, 2007 at 06:53 PM.

...That doesn't mean you need to turn into the hero from some action movie and save the day.

Nope, I'm only going to save 'me and mine'...

...This means you are liable for anything that should result from you carrying a concealed weapon on campus...

Yep, the result will be saving my own life...I will be responsible for that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We might looses our nerve?!? Seriously, what stops cops and security from just magically forgeting everything they have ever learned and all of a sudden going nuts and shooting random people. Just because they have a badge makes them immune? What happens if the government lost their nerve and they start shooting and killing random people. God forbid that we would want to carry a gun to protect ourselves from this crap.

Senior Moderator
    I mostly carry to protect myself from people like the ones at Kent State...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Does anybody remember May 4, 1970??? Four dead in Ohio (CSN&Y)??? Anti-war demonstrations?? Maybe they are afraid!!! It is a liberal school for Ohio. Very anti-war during Veitnam War era.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links