Another embarrasing & "Dangerous" CCW experience.

This is a discussion on Another embarrasing & "Dangerous" CCW experience. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have no idea if I ever posted this here but I think it is worth for me to share. This happened in the early ...

Thread: Another embarrasing & "Dangerous" CCW experience.

VIP Member

Another embarrasing & "Dangerous" CCW experience.

I have no idea if I ever posted this here but I think it is worth for me to share.

This happened in the early 90's and in a country south of the border.
    I had the local version of CCW and was proudly carrying the only firearm I had available back then, a Walther PPK in 7.65. I will not share here the hoops & mordidas I had to go through to get it but it took me almost 3 years to have that little laminated card.
    Mrs Miggy worked at the US embassy (She is US Born & Bred) in a Federal LEO office and I used to go pick her up for lunch an average of three times a week. I was known in the Embassy (and probably background checked from here to Saturn) so I had no problem going in and out. I did inform the Head Security Honcho that I carried a gun and he told me to go ahead leave it in the car and not to say a word to the State Department wussies about a Non-US citizen having a gun lest they would scream in horror.

Well, as it happens, a new ambassador was assigned to the post and he was gracious enough to have an Open House for all Embassy Personnel at his Official Residence. We got invited and I, of course carried my trusty PPK with me on a cheap nylon IWB holster on the small of my back. When we parked near the residence my wife suggests I leave the gun in the car but I manly refuse. "Besides" I tell her, "I am pretty sure they will have some sort of set up where you can leave your gun secured while the party is on."

Yep, you are right, NEVER ASSUME! We go in the residence for the first time in our lives and before I know it, A long haired, all dress in black including a way-too-short vest freak (me) is shaking hands with the new ambassador who is flanked by some mean looking Marines that I never seen in my life! (I knew most of the Marines at least by sight and head noddings)

I was literally shaking and thinking "If those marines find out I am packing, I am gonna be history." And to make matters worse, the embassador starts asking e questions about my hair and my wife. Time seemed to last longer than a life sentence and I almost pee in my pants when a photographer starts taking pictures with flash. Finally somebody else arrives at the line and we move on. My first thought is "where is a darn bathroom?!" so I can rearrange the gun. I eventually found it and moved the gun to another area of my anatomy to keep it away from prying eyes but those were the most unconfortable three hours of my life with the gun pinching a prodding what shouldn't be pinched and prodded plus Mrs. Miggy with am I-Told-You-So face for the whole evening.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    LOL interesting. At least it didnt fall out or print

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    So I guess a PPK does in fact fit between the cheeks.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    So I guess a PPK does in fact fit between the cheeks.
    It fit between "Puckered" cheeks!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    It fit between "Puckered" cheeks!
    No comment gentlemen, no comment!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    That's called a "Not So SmartCarry"!

When I first started carrying, I had an el cheapo nylon IWB holster. We went to a burger joint for lunch and they had these wooded bench booths. Well, you can see this one coming...
    As I stood up to leave I reached over the table to get everyone's trash and CLUNK! My pistol fell out of the holster and hit the wooden bench with a "THUD" so loud it felt like everyone looked right at me.

I sat down and as discretely as possible scooped up my pistol and tried to tuck it back in... of course I couldn't get it in the holster while sitting so I tucked it under my tee shirt and scurried off to the bathroom. SHEESH!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links