Thats one way to let a g/f know..

This is a discussion on Thats one way to let a g/f know.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New girlfriend, decided we'd stop off somewhere before I took her home for a little good night kiss(she's 18 and lives with mommy still). Anyhow, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thats one way to let a g/f know..

Thats one way to let a g/f know..

New girlfriend, decided we'd stop off somewhere before I took her home for a little good night kiss(she's 18 and lives with mommy still). Anyhow, as I pull off the main road I notice there's a state police car following me, but I say screw it I'm doin nothin wrong and proceed to pull into the dark parking lot I was heading for. I told my g/f to watch them come back in a few minutes and stop us- sure enough a few minutes later they come back around and pull in and stop us. Cop came up, I got out my ID and told him I have my cpl and that I was carrying right hip, he ran both our Id's, came back to the car and said in a smirking manner 'have a nice night' and left. My g/f was a little shaken, but doesn't mind that I carry.

2. Remove Ads

I hope you still got the good night kiss; you worked for it!

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    I hope you still got the good night kiss; you worked for it!
    Yeah, cornfields are good for something..

Last time I notified a LEO that I had a permit and was carrying I became an armed suspect.. not even required to notify by CO law..

Screw up and "daddy" may have his as well...
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    CT is not a 'required to notify' state, and I have yet to be pulled over for a traffic stop since I got my permit. I haven't decided how I will handle the situation when it happens.

Ah.memories of"parking"..and the cop banging his huge flashlight on the window and destroying the mood.......must've had a daughter at home
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Brings back memories ....
    Glad it worked out well for you, guess now you know how she feels about you carrying too.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Screw up and "daddy" may have his as well...
    Funny story... My sister was dating a meat head who we referred to as "Digger" Jerry. He worked part time at a Funeral Parlor. Jerry was a Class A Blowhard, full of himself and wanted everyone to know how great he was. He learned my father had his permit from my sister.

Looking to impress my dad he said to him one day "Mr. H, I hear you have your pitol permit. I have mine and I always believe in being armed."

Dad responded "That's great to know Jeryy, that puts you in a whole other class."

Jerry "It does, that's great!"

Dad "Yes, it takes you right past a slap in the face to being shot."

FYI this moron went on to threaten to burn our house down one day, was tossed out of multiple fire departments, and applied to the County Sheriffs office where, even against the reccomendations of us (who he gave as a reference!?!?) and others he was accepted until washing out.

My brother-in-law and his wife are the only in-laws that know I have a permit and carry, he and I sometimes go shooting together and his wife said she wants to go with us next time.

On the day they had their baby girl I told him: "I've got two shotguns, you can take your pick."
    Jack

Senior Moderator
    Hahahaha Hahaha

Does this ever bring back memories.

My boyfriend home for Recruiter's Assistance and meeting me right after work, still all cammied up from a long day at the office...

A dark parking lot...

The steaming windows...

Getting out of the car to "cool off"...

The lights coming on...

The police officers' grins...

The bashful looks on both our faces when we realized the cops had been sitting there the ENTIRE TIME enjoying the show...

The police officer's comment of, "Long Boot Camp, eh Marine?"

The "I assume both of you are just fine," accompanied by a wicked grin and "have a good night."

We had a good LONG laugh about that one.

Let me just say that those police officers choose a FABULOUS hiding spot for their cruiser and that when they "went dark" they were completely invisible. They were less than 50 yards away and we never saw even a hint of them.

I'm glad she's okay with your carrying. Now you don't have to worry about how you are going to tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    Last time I notified a LEO that I had a permit and was carrying I became an armed suspect.. not even required to notify by CO law..
    That happened to me in Park County, the guy gave me crap for carrying JHP's too. That sure was fun... Who gave you a hard time? Aurora PD?
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    New girlfriend, decided we'd stop off somewhere before I took her home for a little good night kiss(she's 18 and lives with mommy still). Anyhow, as I pull off the main road I notice there's a state police car following me, but I say screw it I'm doin nothin wrong and proceed to pull into the dark parking lot I was heading for. I told my g/f to watch them come back in a few minutes and stop us- sure enough a few minutes later they come back around and pull in and stop us. Cop came up, I got out my ID and told him I have my cpl and that I was carrying right hip, he ran both our Id's, came back to the car and said in a smirking manner 'have a nice night' and left. My g/f was a little shaken, but doesn't mind that I carry.

Pretty much what can be expected, "have a nice night." Good job telling them up front.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I did some of that but that was back in the sixties. I would be real reluctant to do that now. Too many bad things can happen when you're isolated, nobody else around. It's also a mistake to think any gun makes you safe. It just makes you safer than you would be without it.

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    Where was that?!? What agency?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links