Atlanta zoo

This is a discussion on Atlanta zoo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Diamond D I'm not too worried about what you think....if I was, I would have asked your opinion. Please inform me on ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Atlanta zoo

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
    I'm not too worried about what you think....if I was, I would have asked your opinion.

Please inform me on how me having a gun at my house has ANYTHING to do with having one at Zoo Atlanta?

Public vs. Private....
    So you agree with gun banners that we should not be allowed to have guns in public places?

Would you be kind enough to publish a list here of the public places that you think we should, or should not, be able to carry our guns? Perhaps list a short reason why each place is ok, versus not-ok?

Because I'd like to know if you think we're likely to go crazy and shoot elephants and monkeys at the zoo, but it's perfectly ok to let us be our crazy, violent, unpredictable selves at, say, a movie theater or restaurant.

You are free to make the antis' case for them here, but believe me, you will not go unchallenged for doing it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K4Kimber View Post
    I think the big issue with concealed carry in GA is the vast number of exceptions that leave you at the risk of being caught in a loophole. There are efforts underway to begin removing some of the confusion and complexity. In the meantime we have to deal with question such as "is it legal to carry at the zoo?".

That is excellent news, and I wish you GA people well with it. Ever since I learned just how limited GA CCW is, it's steamed me.

For a state with a few towns that "require" each household to own a gun, they sure are restrictive!

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Sickening.

The "public gathering" provision of Georgia's CCW law renders that law nearly useless.

The "compromises" that had to be made in some states (Georgia & Virginia come readily to mind) are abhorrent.
    The "Public Gatherings" provision is somewhat misunderstood (still restrictive though). The state AG has made the opinion that a "public gathering" is when people congregate for a specific purpose. This is why you can carry at Wal-Mart or a shopping mall (as long as you don't enter a restraunt that sells alcohol). The zoo falls under a different set of rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
    I'm not too worried about what you think....if I was, I would have asked your opinion.

The way I look at it, you are offering your opinion when you post. You are also inviting others to give their opinion of yours. A lot more of what goes on in forums like this is opinion rather than fact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links