MI Members, Do You Carry Your Pistol "Safety Inspection Certificate"? - Page 2

MI Members, Do You Carry Your Pistol "Safety Inspection Certificate"?

This is a discussion on MI Members, Do You Carry Your Pistol "Safety Inspection Certificate"? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Michigan carry isn't that restricted. It'd be nice to carry in a hospital since I carry at my Doctors, and college classrooms. Other than that, ...

View Poll Results: Do You Carry Your "Safty Inspection Certificate"?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 24.59%
  • No

46 75.41%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Michigan carry isn't that restricted. It'd be nice to carry in a hospital since I carry at my Doctors, and college classrooms. Other than that, where? The carrying of the green card isn't necessary at all since with a CPL, you can borrow someone else's gun and carry it.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I predict that it will get interesting since my first defense as a scrote involved in a shooting is that the gun went off by its self , if this handgun was ever " inspected " by any branch of LE ( even if i as a scrote stole it ) the qualifications of the inspecting officer could be called into court as an affermitave defense . Bad Law , gonna get messy .
    Bet they never thought of that.

Nope i Dont carry mine maybe if they would laminate them like the Drivers lic or CCWs i would but the hassle to re register it if the card gets trashed is a pain

I predict that it will get interesting since my first defense as a scrote involved in a shooting is that the gun went off by its self , if this handgun was ever " inspected " by any branch of LE ( even if i as a scrote stole it ) the qualifications of the inspecting officer could be called into court as an affermitave defense . Bad Law , gonna get messy .
    Nope. There's a disclaimer on the back of the card:

"A cursory inspection has been made of this pistol presented. A check for operational or mechanical defects has not been made of this pistol."
    NRA Benefactor member
    Michigan Antique Arms Collectors life member
    Ohio Gun Collectors member

Opinions expressed here are based upon Michigan state law ONLY. Other state laws may differ. Know and observe your local laws.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    I don't carry any of my green cards either.

Supertac45, come down a little farther south and you will see plenty of no carry areas.
    As far as college classrooms, try telling U of M or E M U that you have a right to carry, both of those are within 30 miles of me. I had to go to a open house at my daughters school a few weeks ago and it isn't legal their either.

no, it would probably incite the local government in MI. to set up a blue ribbon panel and start doing real inspections. you don't want that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.Ē
    ― Thomas Paine

YEP!It's a pain in the butt!
    safety inspection,HA!!:
    Thats not the worst of it either.The city I live in only has certain hours on certain days that I can go to get my "safety inspection"!
    like monday and tuesday 10 to 12 and weds and thur. 2 to 4 or some crap like that!***!!
    I have had to leave work early or just take a whole day off just to get this stupid "Inspection".
    Sorry had to vent.

Wayne used to be like that now they do it mon-fri at least used to have to take a day off everytime i bought a gun

the card

I don't carry the card but have a copy of it in the vehicle.

Eric

I keep mine in the gun cases. Don't see any need to cart those cards around with me.

AMH
    It is nothing more than a feeble attempt at esoteric gun registration.

I used to live in MI and never carried my green card. The last time I went home I borrowed my old mans 1911 and he insisted that I carry his green card when I had his weapon.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Michigan carry isn't that restricted. It'd be nice to carry in a hospital since I carry at my Doctors, and college classrooms. Other than that, where? The carrying of the green card isn't necessary at all since with a CPL, you can borrow someone else's gun and carry it.
    I am hoping that I have misread your post and you would like to be able to carry in a college classroom. I know nobody here would ever violate an easy victim zone by carrying there gun.
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

Nope, don't carry them. No reason to. Have them laminated and kept secure for ID purposes just in case of theft, loss, or whatever. Used to keep them with the guns in a case when going to the range, but now with a CPL I don't believe it's necessary.........not a bad idea just in case, though. The whole "green card" thing should be completely eliminated ,IMO, since it's really nothing more than a type of registration scheme against law abiding folks anyway.

ebk637: Warren?

Michigan is also an open carry state.Not that I would try it.

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by crankshop1000 View Post
    Michigan is also an open carry state.Not that I would try it.
    I have open carried in MI. Albeit it was out in the boondocks, not in an urban area. Local police and DNR didnít bat an eye. But like I said it was way out in the middle of nowhere and I am sure that the local climate towards guns there is much different than it is in Detroit or Flint.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links