5 days of CCW in Orlando

5 days of CCW in Orlando

This is a discussion on 5 days of CCW in Orlando within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From someone that has BTDT for the last 5 days we have been park hopping. Universal, N Disney. If you CCW they inspect belly bags, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 days of CCW in Orlando

Talking 5 days of CCW in Orlando

From someone that has BTDT for the last 5 days we have been park hopping. Universal, N Disney.
    If you CCW they inspect belly bags, N Ladies purses. However I have been wearing a T shirt with a long tail shirt over it with a good pancake in the small of the back and this is invisible, especially when the wind pillows the sides up, the HK Stays put real good to on the roller coasters too.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

No metal detectors at the entrances?

I went to HHN a couple of weeks ago, and they had security out the yin yang. I felt like I was walking into Fort Knox. Seems every theme park is like that these days.

I know it goes kind of against our always prepared mentality, but do you really think theme parks are high enough risk areas? Especially when they have both security and sworn officers every where you look and tight security at the gates.

Good job on concealing it, and I'd carry too since you never know.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by credy View Post

I went to HHN a couple of weeks ago, and they had security out the yin yang. I felt like I was walking into Fort Knox. Seems every theme park is like that these days.

I know it goes kind of against our always prepared mentality, but do you really think theme parks are high enough risk areas? Especially when they have both security and sworn officers every where you look and tight security at the gates.
    Well, I think the question has been answered about that "tight" security at the gates. I carry at the parks, precisely because they are high risk areas. I have concerns about the number of "civilians" in the area, of course, and about the fact that so much of the backstops are, in fact, fake (i.e. all the plastic rocks and fiberglass walls), but I'm not counting on the Disney Cops to protect me any more then I count on OPD/KPD to protect me when I walk out the gates.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Yeah no metal detectors, 71 million people came here last year can you imagine the mess if they tried to scan every one of them? N one more point, early AM news story, FBI report terrorist have targeted malls N places like here, Go safe and armed out there!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Couple points here...

Although inside the park is generally safe from anything but a purse snatching or wallet lift the parking lots late at night are another matter. There have been multiple problems in the Orlando lots for the main parks after dark.

How tight can that "tight security" at the gate be if the poster was carrying?

Personally, for carry in a place like an amusment park I think DEEP COVER is the way to go. Loose shirts and sudden breezes can make for an unfortunate spotting of your weapon. Being asked to leave an amusment park has a much greater significance than being asked to leave K-Mart, especially when you have children with you!

I love my Smart Carry!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

My thoughts on security within a theme park isn't so much that I might need it while in the park, but that I might need it as I am getting in my car in the parking lot when its dark. Having it locked in your car at that point just might make things a bit more iffy.

Remember, the park management is not the least bit concerned with your safety but only with their bottom line. Exactly like the pizza places that don't want their delivery people carrying weapons.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

If you're going to carry in the park, BE CAREFUL!! Last summer I walked under "The Hulk" roller coaster at Universal Orlando, and wondered what this funky net about 15 feet over our heads (but under the roller coaster) was. Took a close look, and I saw a number of ball caps, pocket contents, and sunglasses that had fallen off of people riding the coaster and into the net. I'd be really darn careful if you're going in there that your CCW doesn't end up in the net too after you go for a ride.

I live in Florida and go about every year, and I always carry a pocket pistol.

EAJ
    The tourist attraction parks and lots are pretty safe, compared with I-Drive. Thatís the area you really need to carry in.

Delmar fair in San Deigo/Delmar CA. Everyone goes through a metal detector much like an airport except the don't make you remove you shoes

Are Theme Parks Safe?

"You will never get to decide which times are the dangerous ones. Someone else will decide that for you, and you'll probably become aware only at the last moment!" - Tom Givens

"The enemy only attacks on one of two occasions: When you're ready for them, and when you're not ready for them". - Author unknown
    "He who allows another to take his life, who hath no authority for that purpose, when it might be preserved by defense, is guilty of Self-Murder, for God hath enjoined him to seek the continuance of his Life, and Mother Nature teaches every creature to defend itself".

Exclamation Word of Caution, NASA is Federal there is no Reciprocity

That said you cannot carry there period, not even a knife!

Today we went to Cape Kennedy and I wisely decided to leave everything locked in the vehicle, HK, Knife, Pepper spray, all of it. Good thing too, they were doing a airport level search at the entrance, the only difference was you got to keep your shoes.
    Here is the kicker, I have a nephew that is a FBI agent, he gets to keep his gun at airports and when he flys all has to do is show his ID and he is good to go, guess what not there, He had go back and move his car to a secured area and lock it up! So not even a Fed can carry at NASA.

Sounds like carry at a theme park is designed for the SmartCarry rig.

If we go to a theme park any time soon, I will be carrying in my SmartCarry.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Theme Parks are a great place for mayhem and disaster.

There are lots of unarmed, unaware people milling around, just like a shopping mall. I try to avoid crowds when I'm Off-Duty. I'd much rather go camping out in the boonies.

Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links