Some of my more anti-friends are becoming more "accepting"

This is a discussion on Some of my more anti-friends are becoming more "accepting" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; *Cliffs at bottom* I am relatively open about my CHP and the fact that I carry "on occasion" (I carry as much as possible but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of my more anti-friends are becoming more "accepting"

Some of my more anti-friends are becoming more "accepting"

*Cliffs at bottom*

I am relatively open about my CHP and the fact that I carry "on occasion" (I carry as much as possible but they don't need to know that). So most of my good friends know. This has caused the usual "why?" questions and the typical non-understanding of some of my more anti-friends. All are "accepting" and don't give me any real grief about it.

Occasionally they will razz me about being "paranoid" and whatnot--all in jest. Well, recently they have started to become much more "accepting" of my gun. Since April the VT police have been doing a little CYA with email announcments about crime on or around campus. The last couple of weeks have been rather eventful around these parts:

At approximately 7:00 pm, on 11/12/07, a female subject was walking on
    the East side of Turner Street near Burger King, in the Town of
    Blacksburg. She was assaulted by an unknown male, approximately 6'0",
    170-180 lbs, wearing all black clothing and a black mask. The suspect
    left the scene and has not been identified.
    A composite of the suspect in this case has been completed based on
    information from the victim. To see this composite drawing, go to:
    http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/documents/composite11_07.jpg

Suspect is a white male, approximately 5 foot 7 inches to 6 foot tall,
    last seen wearing a dark hat, dark windbreaker/fleece jacket, and
    loose-fitting blue jeans.

Suspect was driving a small, red, four-door car, possibly a hatchback.

Suspect was armed with a small sized, black handgun. The suspect is
    right-handed and may be concealing the weapon in a waist level pocket or
    in his waistband.
    t approximately 7:00 pm tonight (November 8, 2007), a person was
    observed with a hand gun in the Stadium Parking Lot. A person reported
    that he parked in the Stadium Lot and observed a subject next to a car
    with a handgun. The subject pointed the weapon at the victim and then
    fled the scene in the vehicle headed toward Airport Road. The weapon
    was not fired and the victim was not harmed.

The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 6 feet tall,
    170 to 200 pounds, 22 to 25 years old, and was wearing a black jacket
    and black hat.

The weapon was described as a small dark colored hand gun.

The vehicle was described as red and small.

The community is urged to utilize all personal safety measures.

Anyone with information about the suspect or the incident is urged to
    contact the Virginia Tech Police Department at 231-6411.
    On Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2007, at approximately 6:15 p.m., an individual was robbed and stabbed with a knife in the area of the 600 block on North Main Street.

The incident occurred in the alley behind Taco Bell, Bogenís and Campus Exxon.

The suspect is described as a white male 5 foot 8 inches tall, medium build, wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt and light colored pants. The suspect was last seen running towards Progress Street.

We encourage everyone to be cautious and to use personal safety measures.

If you have any information about this incident please notify the Blacksburg Police Department at 961-1150.
    October 26, 2007

The Virginia Tech Police department is seeking your assistance in obtaining information about an incident that occurred on October 26, 2007 in the Chicken Hill parking area (located near Lane Stadium where Southgate Drive crosses Tech Center Drive) at approximately 11:30 p.m.

A student reported that while walking through the Chicken Hill lot, he was approached by four males and was subsequently punched and robbed. There were no weapons presented.

The males were described as white and older than college age. They may have been tailgating in the area of the first three rows of the Chicken Hill lot.

No other information is available at this time.

If you have any information, or have seen these individuals, please notify the Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411.
    This is an update concerning the male who, on two prior occasions, has approached young women and attempted to get them in the car with him by offering a ride. The first incident was at the Newman Library on Monday, August 27th. The second incident occurred in B-Lot on August 29th.

A student reported an encounter with a person on Giles Road, in the town of Blacksburg, that may be related to the two prior incidents on campus. The incident occurred on October 17th at approximately 4:00 pm. The student stated that a male stopped and offered her a ride. When she declined the offer, the male attempted to grab her and she fled.

The male is described as having a dark black complexion, medium build, appeared to be in his 30ís, and was clean shaven with short hair. He was wearing a colorful hat and a black collared shirt. The vehicle is described as an 80ís model tan or grey 4 door, with a boxy shape, similar to a Toyota.

If you have any information, or have seen a person or vehicle that matches the above description, please notify the Blacksburg Police Department at 961-1150 or the Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411.
    This is an update concerning the incident outside of Newman Library on Monday, August 27.

Information has been obtained that the possible suspect has changed his appearance.

A student reported an encounter with a person in the Commuter B parking lot between Priceís Fork Road and Perry Street today. The student was walking to her vehicle when she was approached by a male in a vehicle. The male offered the student a ride to her vehicle. The student declined and the person drove away.

The male is described as a black male, dark complexion, late thirties to early forties, shaved head and clean shaven face who spoke with an accent. The vehicle is described as a 1990ís small sedan and is green or tan. It is possible that this person is the same person involved in the incident outside of Newman Library and that he has changed his appearance.

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact Virginia Tech Police at 231-6411.
    Well since we have been getting bombarded with these emails my friends that use to razz me if I was carrying at "safe places" have started changing their tune. A couple actually said "I hope you are carrying" and "its a shame the guy that got stabbed wasn't carrying" or "what does it take to get a CHP? Can I come shoot with you some time?".

One of my friends is looking to get a new handgun as soon as he can afford it.

Cliffs:
    --Friends would mess with me about my chp
    --Guy gets stabbed at Taco Bell next to campus
    --Guy gets a gun pointed at him in the student parking lot
    --Guy gets robbed in a parking lot on campus
    --Girl gets assaulted at burger king
    --Guy has been trying to abduct girls on and around campus
    --Friends now "hope" I am carrying and some are now interested in getting a CHP/gun.

2. Remove Ads

I carry if it's legal. No exception.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Too bad you don't see the one VCU sends/sent out while I was there about "incidents" around/on campus. Different place, same bs. Too bad VCU is specifically mentioned as CHP off-limits in VA State Code...
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

VIP Member
    Good direction for your friends. Help them keep going there.....take them to the range, help them pick out a gun, etc. Your friends will make good pro-gun voters one day, and what an effective way to overwhelm the anti's.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Inform them you no longer believe in guns, no longer carry a gun and have seen the light of religion.

That aught to get a reaction.

EW3
    It sounds like Blacksburg is a pretty rough neighborhood!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" Ė George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Good for them. Sounds like they are starting to open their eyes and want to take responsibility for their own safety.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I've had to deal with a lot of anti friends and even family. Some know I carry. Some don't. The friends I have that are anti... some are slowly coming around. Others would prefer I leave the gun at home. Too bad for them. I've turned quite a few anti's myself. Too bad my family doesn't get it. My mom will go shooting with me but refuses to accept that I carry. Its a tough situation sometimes but I'm glad your friends are powering through it.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

You have "friends" that are anti's??????????????

J/K Good work, continue to be the encourager and maybe you can convert them.
    Lex et Libertas ó Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Certainly sounds like a rough area! Nice to see that once folks become aware of their surroundings they start taking a more realistic approach to protecting themselves.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Inform them you no longer believe in guns, no longer carry a gun and have seen the light of religion.

That aught to get a reaction.
    !

That was my very first thought.
    Tell them you sold all your guns and the evil bullets and went to a Brady seminar, drank their free bottled vitamin water, and are now a vegetarian pacifist and are a believer that bad things really as per Brady stats only happen to bad people and gun owners.

I'd pay money to see video of their reaction to that.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Good now take them to the range and let them shoot a few rounds, bet they take up the sport too.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Just talked to my friend that wants to get a gun. We are going up to an indoor range to shoot this thursday..and let him rent a few different models.

Sounds to me as if you are the most level headed and logical thinking of the group of people you hang with.

That is not always a good thing. But if they are starting to come around to the proper way of thinking, then you are doing good work and setting a good example.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Of all my friends, only two know I carry (they carry as well)..I really don't know if any of my other friends are anti or not..as for them knowing that I carry, thats a #51!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links