???? can i carry a sub 9 SA

This is a discussion on ???? can i carry a sub 9 SA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The two gun limit on a given permit has been removed by State law. The law requires that the permittee qualifies and is certified on ...

Thread: ???? can i carry a sub 9 SA

???? can i carry a sub 9 SA

The two gun limit on a given permit has been removed by State law. The law requires that the permittee qualifies and is certified on each gun he or she wishes to have on the permit. If a person carries two guns of the same make and model there is no need to qualify twice. The implementation of this law is delayed until July 1st, 2002, at the request of Clark County and Las Vegas.

does this mean since i have a tac 9 SA XD can i carry a sub comp. 9 XD
    same make same model ..thanks guys

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't know the law, but from what you've written - "two guns of the same make and model" - it seems that an SA XD and a sub-compact XD are two different models.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

+1 Sounds like a bad idea waiting to get you in trouble.

Austin

Let me guess, you have to pay a private party to certify that you are qualified on each make and model firearm that will be listed on your permit. Someone always has his hand out.

Sorry, you are required to qualify with each automatic not of the same make, model and caliber (effective 10/1/07 any revolver you qualifiy with will result in "revolver" being put on your permit). "Sub-compact" is a different model from "Service."

American Shooters on Boulder charged me $10.00 to qualify the last time and I had to pay LVMPD $25.00 (money order only).

Good luck.

Ken

Sounds like a major rip off.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ken View Post
    Sorry, you are required to qualify with each automatic not of the same make, model and caliber (effective 10/1/07 any revolver you qualify with will result in "revolver" being put on your permit). "Sub-compact" is a different model from "Service."

American Shooters on Boulder charged me $10.00 to qualify the last time and I had to pay LVMPD $25.00 (money order only).

Good luck.

Ken
    thanks cowboy
    i was thinking that it was a 9mm an SA XD same model same make ,but i guess not..
    so how is the service at shooters ,,i usually go to the gun store because they r cheaper but have attitude that they r god or something,,and get this i bought 2 guns same day they had 4 people double check paper work and blue cards,,,guess what 2 ,,,yes both blue cards were wrong ,,1 had wrong serial number on it ,,they played it off like no big deal ,,and the 2nd one was mfg.. they put my name instead of Springfield armory ,,and they think they are pros ,,4 people DCP the work and still mess up..
    so i want to shy away

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Don't think that would work.

Links