Girls' Night Out: Shoes, Knives, Shirts and Guns - Page 4

Girls' Night Out: Shoes, Knives, Shirts and Guns

This is a discussion on Girls' Night Out: Shoes, Knives, Shirts and Guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I appreciate any person who is willing to arm themselves but I REALLY appreciate women who are willing to arm themselves. Kudos to you and ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girls' Night Out: Shoes, Knives, Shirts and Guns

I appreciate any person who is willing to arm themselves but I REALLY appreciate women who are willing to arm themselves. Kudos to you and your lady friends!

Wow!! I would hate to be at one of your pre-holiday recon breifings!! JD sounds like you picked a winner.

Oh.. and JD about those holsters..... just let it go brother, just let it go...they're gone.

I am amazed that so many of you are shocked by a pre planned shopping tour.
    All of my shopping tours around the holidays with anyone else are preplanned. I need to limit the time so I can get to the other important thins of that time.
    The only time I spend all day in a mall is when I want to people watch by myself. Or if I am taking a Photo Model to look for outfits for photos, then the trip is planned for all day, and the plan is to see as many outfits as possible.

Oh, JD why not buy 2 more holsters, so you each have one with the 3rd being a spare for both of you.

JD
    Administrator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post

Oh, JD why not buy 2 more holsters, so you each have one with the 3rd being a spare for both of you.
    In progress, I've been using my Galco Avenger while she's hi-jacked my Sparks.

Lima has a OWB defender order in with K&D, and a IWB on order elsewhere.

Good stuff, Lima. My wife is starting to read your blog and has one of her friends reading it too.

JD, I feel for you...you lucky dog!
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Can u spell "high maintenance" JD...<grin>
    Good thread.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Can u spell "high maintenance" JD...<grin>
    Good thread.

LOL..

I pride myself on being low maintenance. Just supply me with holsters, ammo and a place to shoot and I'm as happy as a clam...

Oh.. and makeup. I have a weakness for makeup!

Oh.. and getting my nails done.

and.. expensive guns.. like Wilson Combat...

And.... wait..

No, that's about it.

all women need 2 things..a cell phone and a handgun....the hard part is deciding which to use first.
    oh yeah,and am I the only one who finds armed women attractive(no offence and lets keep it clean)
    of course there may be some Freudian stuff at work here
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

You had OC spray, knives and a gun. Aren't you forgetting all of the shopping bags you could have thrown at Redshirt Man?

We met two days in advance to lay out a game plan for what we all wanted to shop for.
    Good God.....you met days in advance to plan the best way to spend gobs of money? I pity JD.

But you surely did a good job in making your lady friends think about their safety and how they should be taking a more proactive approach to securing their own protection. Well done Lima.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Both fell silent to ponder that situation for a moment.

The Editor asked what situation then would I use my knife for. I talked about the rules I have chosen to govern the use of which defense-method and when. The Reporter laughed and said, "You think WAY too much."
    I know these are your friends, and it's certainly cool that they are as easy-going as they are about your carrying (and while you carry a lot, it's no more than I think is prudent).

As far as the Reporter saying that you think too much...
    If I were you, it would have been hard for me to refrain from saying, "No, I think enough to survive. You think so little you'll be the one who ends up dead."

I mean really. They have you as a great example, so why on earth they're still thinking about being "fair" to murderous psychopaths, and thinking that spray is gonna save them, and that it's wise to engage a larger adult male in a knife fight, I can't figure out. Perhaps they just need a bit more time spent around you. I hope they catch on, and then spread the word, themselves. NO ONE should go around in condition white.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well yeah, but what they didn't tell me was that she'd stick a 4" 1911 in a IWB holster for a 5" 1911 and totally destroy what molding to my body had been done, I'm going to have to break it in all over again...

Oh well it's a small price to pay I guess.

I must be one of the few men out there that can get away with buying his wife holsters for Christmas.
    Well, we all know who should be first when they finally perfect human cloning. Every guy should be issued a Limatunes!

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I know these are your friends, and it's certainly cool that they are as easy-going as they are about your carrying (and while you carry a lot, it's no more than I think is prudent).

If I were you, it would have been hard for me to refrain from saying, "No, I think enough to survive. You think so little you'll be the one who ends up dead."

I mean really. They have you as a great example, so why on earth they're still thinking about being "fair" to murderous psychopaths, and thinking that spray is gonna save them, and that it's wise to engage a larger adult male in a knife fight, I can't figure out. Perhaps they just need a bit more time spent around you. I hope they catch on, and then spread the word, themselves. NO ONE should go around in condition white.
    At these ladies are opening their minds. Like I asked earlier "How long before they go gun shopping?" I'm betting there is going to be a girls night at the range by the end of the year.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    At these ladies are opening their minds. Like I asked earlier "How long before they go gun shopping?" I'm betting there is going to be a girls night at the range by the end of the year.
    PJ, I agree, though I don't think I ever would have said anything like that..lol.

I understand that their ideology is flawed, but I believe it takes patience and tender probing to get people like this thinking they way that they should.

It can be VERY frustrating to see and hear the kinds of comments that people say about shooting for the leg because they don't want to kill anyone, or about bringing a knife to a knife fight to be "fair."

We (the general population here) see that as ridiculous because we have already considered those situations and see them in an entire different light than others do.

They still see the world as being a fair place. They go about their lives under the rule of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and believe that as long as they don't hurt anyone and are friendly and kind, no one will ever hurt them in return. When they think of confrontations (which they hardly ever do) they think of being able to discuss their way out of things and being fair. They think about confrontations like they think about fighting with a spouse or a dear friend. They would never pull cheap shots and they would try to be reasonable.

These are good rules to apply in a CIVIL world, but there is a big wide world out there that is furthest from civil and takes advantage of just how fair you are trying to be.

Also, the people who go around in this condition white think of people who arm themselves as paranoid, perhaps a bit flaky, and they associate them with their weird uncle who came back from combat and always carried a knife with him because he was still afraid the enemy would get him.

It takes them meeting someone (like you or me) to show them that there are people who do have a balance. They are fair, polite and courteous in their civil dealings, but ruthless when it comes to their own self-defense.

They aren't crazy, weird, paranoid or jumping at shadows. They are just average people who look on life at a different angle.

The trick is showing other people our angle.

Before they can start to truly grasp why it is we arm ourselves the way we do, they have to stand in our shoes and see what we see. Until they do, they will continue to walk around, unaware and unprepared.

It's kind of like a man in a watch-tower over a court of people.

The man in the watch tower sees the storm clouds and gets his rain coat on early. The people in the court look up and all they see is clear skies. They think the guy in the watch tower is paranoid. Then the man in the watch tower invites the people in the court up to the tower. Those who go up and see the storm clouds go, "Wow. Yeah, we need to get ready."

Few get ready, and the rest of the people in the court learn the truth only when its pouring on their heads.

My goal was not to make the women uncomfortable, it was to invite them up to the watch tower (so to speak), and show them what I see.

A man in the watch tower who's been doing it for awhile has more experience reading the clouds. He can pick up on things that someone else may not. Even if he invites someone up, they may not entirely understand what they are seeing and he has to explain.

This was what I did by pointing out the man in red at the table.

They both agreed to see what I was seeing, but they still didn't understand what it was I saw.

To use the weather analogy again, they didn't understand if I was seeing sprinkles, a heavy rain or a hurricane.

I asked them to interpret the situation in their own minds and tell me what they thought the level of danger was and therefor the level of response. They looked at the clouds and said it looked like rain. I pointed out how it looked like a hurricane. They may still not have seen exactly what I was seeing, but they both went away with a better understanding.

It takes time and many trips up into the tower before someone can pinpoint exactly what situation calls for what kind of response. It takes experience. Experience that they don't have yet. Instead of them finding that experience through trial and error, I'd rather they had a gentle guide to point out some trouble spots and how they can be avoided.

And yet, when someone comes down from the watch tower and takes a look around and sees nothing but green fields and blue skies they look back at the person in the watch tower and think, "Man, he is way too obsessed with this. Those clouds are so far away I doubt they will ever make it here."

They saw a glimpse of the danger and they may have understood, but they don't see the threat to themselves yet.

It's going to take time and I think the Editor is a little bit further ahead in the game than the Reporter is. The Reporter is the one who's looking at me thinking, "I can understand, but it's so unlikely."

The Editor is thinking, "I know it can happen and I want to prepare but I still don't know what I don't know yet."

They are both seeing that someone can carry a gun and still be a normal, happy, unparanoid, stable, balanced individual, and that's a start.

Hopefully, in time, we will be going gun shopping, even if it takes a little more time to get the reporter there.

If any of these women live long enough to have grandchildren, it's likely going to be due to you.

For the woman who wanted to be fair with the knife; tell her your going to give her a Fender Strat and enter her in a head to head guitar competition with Eddie Van Halen. That's fair right? They both have guitars...

Joe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links