Government lists

Government lists

This is a discussion on Government lists within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may be a little "politically incorrect" on our CCW forum but is anyone here concerned about the government now having a list of everyone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Government lists

Government lists

This may be a little "politically incorrect" on our CCW forum but is anyone here concerned about the government now having a list of everyone who is armed? My history teacher always described this as a bad thing. He always said the government knowing who had weapons was the same as them knowing who to take them away from in a case of major dissent. I don't mean to "rock the boat" but I'm sure someone besides myself has had this cross their mind .

My history teacher has had the greatest effect on my way of thinking only second to God and parents. Kudo's to good educaters

Which list is this? I can buy long guns privately and have no paperwork.
    -Biker

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snub41 View Post
    This may be a little "politically incorrect" on our CCW forum but is anyone here concerned about the government now having a list of everyone who is armed? My history teacher always described this as a bad thing. He always said the government knowing who had weapons was the same as them knowing who to take them away from in a case of major dissent. I don't mean to "rock the boat" but I'm sure someone besides myself has had this cross their mind .
    YES.

VIP Member
    Any time I purchase a gun at a store, I have to go through TICS (TN Instant Check System). So the TBI knows what I've bought. It's like a de facto gun registration, and you know what registration has led to in the past and risks doing again.

Gotta love private sales.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

This is the reason my dad has never gotten a CCP. He belives that it is just as bad as having to register your weapons. I am interested in what yall's views are as well.

VIP Member
    As a general note, any discussion of breaking the law or advocating breaking the law is forbidden on these boards.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Having a CC permit is probably no worse than a membership in the NRA, if you stop and think about it.

I do not mean to seem like I would advocate breaking the law. This forum is clear on legal adherance. This is a public/private forum and private rules happen to be one thing civil rights are meant to protect. If I were to advocate dissent I would start another forum and throw my CCW away. I just want to stimulate a little intellectual debate rather than saying just things that I know everyone will agree with.

It's not comforting to know that the gov has this list although as law abiding citizens, it is the price we have to pay. We just have to make sure that we get more active in the political process and make sure that we get people voted into office that is for the constitution and strongly supports everything within! Most importantly, 2A.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    Having a CC permit is probably no worse than a membership in the NRA, if you stop and think about it.
    except that if the government was trying to gather info on who owned guns the NRA would likely burn their paperwork, melt their harddrives, and blow up their building.

Okay, well maybe not that intense, but they wouldn't be giving up the info anytime soon.

As for state agencies...they could easily be strong armed by the government if it had the intent to give up their paperwork.

i dont like the idea at all. if there were some kind of real gun ban where someone came knocking at my door.. well, lets just say i sure wouldnt take that job of walking door to door collecting ppls guns thats for sure.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by snub41 View Post

My history teacher has had the greatest effect on my way of thinking only second to God and parents. Kudo's to good educaters

Yes, it strikes me as govt. snooping in my private business and I do think it is dangerous to personal freedom.
    Cheers,

Johnny Rebel

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Well I guess if someone was that concerned about it they could buy their guns through private sales with no paperwork, if that were legal in their state. Of course I have no fear of the government and every single weapon I own has all of the paperwork the government likes!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I have no problem with the government having a record of what guns I own. I'd prefer they didn't, but it isn't a law worth breaking.

Now, if some government agency tried to come take away some or all of my guns... I'm not sure what the forum rules are on saying what I want to say, but I'd guess y'all can see where I'm going. Let's just say bad things would happen. The right to "life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness" isn't worth the price of the paper its printed on if I have no way to defend those rights...
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Which list is this? I can buy long guns privately and have no paperwork.
    Hand guns too, but everything else is documented.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links