Local journalists solution on mugging

This is a discussion on Local journalists solution on mugging within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "The attack on Ms. Walsh didn't happen because she was doing anything risky, and it didn't happen because the neighborhood is going to hell. It ...

Thread: Local journalists solution on mugging

Local journalists solution on mugging

"The attack on Ms. Walsh didn't happen because she was doing anything risky, and it didn't happen because the neighborhood is going to hell. It looks as if it happened because she unluckily crossed paths with a violent and opportunistic criminal who didn't much care whether the area has a "safe" rep or not.

So maybe, if the truly dreadful attack on Sheryl Walsh is going to affect us, it should make us more alert – but not more scared.

The Northwood Hills group pools its dues for private security patrols and shares anti-crime information among neighbors. That won't guarantee nothing bad ever happens, but it certainly can reduce the odds. "

My comments:

This would have been a perfect opportunity to extoll the importance of self defense using a firearm, mace or a knife but nooooooooooo........the journalists wants the public to rely on rent-a-cops for protection. The person attacked was a special education teacher putting her groceries in her car. She was beaten so much that her sister didn't recognize her when she found her in the hospital.

These stories make me mad but at the same time I am glad that my wife is carrying 16 rounds of bad guy candy in a steel delivery dispenser.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I am glad that my wife is carrying 16 rounds of bad guy candy in a steel delivery dispenser.
    Good for here. I hope she never has to use it.
    I'm still trying to get my wife to see the light. Do you have a link to the full story? I would like my wife to read it.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Thanks for the links. When will people learn they have to take some responsibility for themselvs. The police just can't do it all.
    Last edited by joleary223; November 16th, 2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: grammar
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    This kind of incident boggles my mind . Even tho i spent 10+ years of scrapping the dregs of society off of our collective shoes i simply dont and wont imagine where an assault of this nature can and does happen . I have worked beaten women ( and men ) of a lot of variates, I have worked both male and female rapes , I have worked several homicides . What i cannot understand is the aggressor walking free on the streets . Working a small agency it is normal that someone pays for a crime , however on at least 3 instances agencys i know of if not worked with dropped the ball and scrotes walked free ... the community took care of it with another case no ... in one case unknown folks put a guy in a wheelchair , in two others it was another homicide case that is open to this day . Now i dont advocate vigilantism, nor do i condone it , however your budding psychopaths seem to find a reason to go to another hunting ground from the area i live in . If you are ever a cop ( not in LE , but a cop ) you see what it costs for one predator to exist in your jurisdiction since the victims are not an article in a paper , but bleeding people you meet on any random shift you work . Its kinda good to live among a bunch of old school cowboys who not only have a " code " but also know every dry well in a 6 county area .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Having been an ex correctional officer, I have seen these types that actually got caught and they have no remorse for what they did and laugh about it until the end of their sentence. Our tax dollars are paying for the 3 hots and a cot. I agree in not condoning the vigilanty mentality...well not completly although I do feel that the punishment should fit the crime and that a well armed society will reduce the crime.
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

What was the point of the article...don't be scared, but be prepared to have your head smashed-in?

Prisoner's that I deal with could care less about the victim The only thing they care about is getting one over on someone, no matter the cost. Your life means nothing to most of them. Protect yourself or ?.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Rent-a-cop or my pistol, which should I choose?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I certainly don't propose a vigilante approach to the 'dirtbags' that roam to rob and rape...but a little 'playground justice' (I think that's what we used to call it...) can go a long way.
    I every BG who receives 'permanent rehabilitation' prior to the arrival of the the local PD who must write the report...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

not to condone vigilantism but doesn't the second amendment provide for such things? after all there have been many instances where the militia had to put a stop to thuggery on american soil as late as the twentieth century.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I have to wonder what goes through the BG's mind when he rolls out of bed in the morning:

0800 - Shower
    0830 - Eat breakfast
    0900-1100 - Watch TV
    1100-???? - Troll local area, find victim(s) of opportunity
    1400 - Use ill-gotten gains to buy drugs/alcohol/new tv

Makes me angry just thinking about it.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Links