Defensive Carry banner

Pictures on the Permits...

10K views 92 replies 83 participants last post by  nikdfish 
#1 ·
Starting at the new year, Arkansas CHL holders will be getting their liscenses with their picture on it. This will be the same picture that is used on the Ar. Drivers Liscence.

Just out of curiosity,how many of yall are issued permits with your pictures on them? Lets hear it from each state.

I've seen some from different states, and I know that some have them and some dont, I've been told that the trend is going towards all of the states eventually having their pictures on their permits.

Chime in.

#60 ·
New Hampshire resident permit does not have a picture, it is a thin piece of paper, and there is no legal requirement for a resident to carry the permit while carrying a concealed firearm (non-residents must carry their permit).

Many people in NH photocopy their permit at 50% size and laminate it to carry in their wallets.

#66 ·
Mississippi's permit is issued by DPS/Highway Patrol. Yes on the picture. The application requires a passport photo. The application photo is not the one used on the permit.

When an applicant shows up at the DL station for prints, a picture is also taken and that's what goes on the firearms permit. My clerk actually showed me on the computer what my permit looked like with picture. However, it's 120 days from the date the application is submitted until the permit is received in the mail.

#68 ·
In Alabama each county issues its own permit and there is no standard. Some counties issue cards with photos. Perry County issues a piece of paper that is 8.5" X 5.5" with the information handwritten in. My Utah non-resident has a photo. You must submit a passport style photo with the app. My New Hampshire non-resident is a nice laminated card with no photo. My Pennsylvania NR is a 3" X 5.5" piece of paper with space for a photo, but in the space there is not photo only "VALID WITHOUT PHOTO".

#75 ·
MA has photo and fingerprint (totally illegible) on a plastic card (new plastic cards only been in use for past 2-3 years). Totally separate from DL.

NH (Res and NR) has no photo and no fingerprints.

FL (Res and NR) has photo, no fingerprints on it (submitted and filed separately).

#76 ·
No Dak has my ugly mug on my permit

#79 ·
No but then this is only NC 3rd time around. North Carolina has only been issuing since 1995. Maybe starting 2010 then we won't have to show DL's.

#86 ·
Virginia has it printed on a wallet size piece of card stock that we sign on the back and must carry with us. I was so excited to get it that I rushed out to have it laminated before realizing that I should have signed it first. No pen would write on the laminate so I used a thick Sharpie; what an ugly mess! I can't wait for renewal time.

#87 ·
And I thought I was the only knucklehead to make this mistake... Hey, maybe we're somehow related. :biggrin2:

I did manage to separate the laminate on mine enough to legibly sign my name on it. And since it is a lifetime permit, I'm very grateful I was able to do so.

#92 ·
Depends on the county here in MT some do some don't, Mine does have a picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.