Defensive Carry banner

Pictures on the Permits...

10K views 92 replies 83 participants last post by  nikdfish 
#1 ·
Starting at the new year, Arkansas CHL holders will be getting their liscenses with their picture on it. This will be the same picture that is used on the Ar. Drivers Liscence.

Just out of curiosity,how many of yall are issued permits with your pictures on them? Lets hear it from each state.

I've seen some from different states, and I know that some have them and some dont, I've been told that the trend is going towards all of the states eventually having their pictures on their permits.

Chime in.

#4 ·
In Missouri your ccw permit is issued on your driver lisence but instead of doing that you can have it put on a state issue ID card. That is what I would recomend doing because a lot of places that might ask you to see an ID and you showed them your driver lisence, they know then you have a ccw. By putting it on a state ID card, now you can show your diver lisence and no one knows you are carrying. Beside if you get a traffic ticket with your ccw on it, and they hold your lisence, you also lose your ccw permit.

#11 ·
that does not sound good at all,having it on your driver license.:hand1:

#10 ·
Texas has a card with your picture on it.it has nothing to do with your dl.
but if you are stopped for a traffic stop the police know you have a chl when they run your dl on their computer.

#13 ·
Michigan

Michigan has picture on CPL (concealed pistol license)

Eric

#15 ·
When I got my SC permit I had to submit two passport photos neither one was used on the permit, they used the one on my drivers license. Both my drivers license and my CCW permit look identical, except for a red banner going across the top of my DL and a blue one on my CCW permit.

#58 ·
Looks like this - usually the pic is better looking than this one.

#21 ·
As already stated...FL is a yes, and each renewal requires a pictures taken within 30 days of the the renewal app.

#50 ·
Yeah, in Florida you are responsible for getting your own picture taken and submitting it with the permit application or renewal application. You get the opportunity to make sure you have a good picture (although when they digitize them, even good pictures come out looking evil and surly! Personal experience, there.)

#64 ·
That is a change. I am in MI as well, and my pic (which I supplied when I applied) was already on it when I picked it up at my meeting in front of the gun board. My County requires (required?) all applicants to go in front of the gun board. :icon_neutral:

#23 ·
Probably repeating ....... PA yes - taken by the SO specially for it.

FL yes ..... (non-res) - had to submit photo with the other materials.

#26 ·
North Carolina No picture and seems to be linked to DL for the simple reason of your permit# is your drivers License # with a NC for the sufix ie 1234567NC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.