I need some HELP - Looking for PA Trooper from PDO

This is a discussion on I need some HELP - Looking for PA Trooper from PDO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am wondering if anyone remembers the Pennsylvania State Trooper on packing.org? He helps people get there carry and right to bear arms back. If ...

Thread: I need some HELP - Looking for PA Trooper from PDO

I need some HELP - Looking for PA Trooper from PDO

I am wondering if anyone remembers the Pennsylvania State Trooper on packing.org? He helps people get there carry and right to bear arms back.
    If not is there anyone out there that can help within Pennsylvania that i can discuss these issues with?
    I have an attorney and he feels we have a good shot but i want to be prepared.
    I am not a criminal.
    Thank you

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    At least one of our mods is from your state , I hope someone will chime in and help , or help point you to find some help . I dont know your situation , but i am libritarian enough not to care . Good luck but by all means do all things legal .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

When my dad went to renew his permit he was denied for an undetermined reason. He went to the local state police barracks and approved him and asked the sheriff to override his decision. I do not know exaclty who he spoke to. This was the Lancaster state police barracks.

I received a 302 from a doctor who i didn't want to deal with.
    spent 3 days in the hospital and was released from head of psych and should not have been there

I'd work with the attorney. You need to clear this up.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Given the limited details(and please let us know how it turns out)--exactly why Drs should not be empowered by the state to deny 2A rights.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rdnkasole View Post
    I recieved a 302 from a doctor who i didn't want to deal with. spent 3 days in the hospital and was released from head of phsyc and should not have been there
    I don't know what a 302 is, but if you say that it was because people outside of your control were making incorrect decisions about you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and wish you luck.

My feeling is that anyone who is not deemed someone who should be imprisoned should have all the rights we normally think a human being should have; and we should punish them only if they break the law. Therefore, technically, if no one has said that rdnkasole should be incarcerated against his will, there is no reason you shouldn't have your gun rights.

And if an armed robber is released from prison after serving his sentence, he should get his rights back, too; after all, he's served his punishment. And if people want to say Oh no, he's too dangerous to let him have guns, what they're saying is that they really want him to be still in prison. So we need longer sentences.

Good luck getting your rights restored.

Administrator

Psychiatric 302

This page will explain what a psychiatric "302" is and the link is presented here for general informational purposes only.
    http://www.mces.org/302FAQs.html

Please Note:
    No comments will be allowed that reference a "302" to the member who has posted the thread.

Those comments would be Off Topic to the thread since the member is only requesting information about a PA State Trooper and not anything else.

But since the member was the person that mentioned something as obscure as a "302" in his OP - then other members will naturally be curious to know exactly what it is.

Remember. Stay On Topic.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    Man, thats a tough spot to be in. I cant help you on the PA trooper thing, but maybe contact a local 2A rights group.
    Also, couldnt the doc that released you reverse the "302"? There has to be some sort of check in place for this type of situation.
    "Just blame Sixto"

what is a 2A group and how do I find one

I tell you what. My wifes doctor gave her a perscription that she had a reeaction to. She went back a cople times to tell the doctor about what it was doing. It was making her have anxiety attacks. The doctor told her if she contuined to have problems, she would have to have her checked out. She quit taking the perscription, and has not had a problem since.

By the way meds were not for anything mental.

I told her it could case a problem with her carry permit if the doctor diid this. doctors have the power to mess up your life if they want to, of even if they do not mean to.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    My only observation is that one should NEVER VOLUNTARILY say anything to a
    Dr. , Lawyer, or LEO that one would not wish to see published in a Newspaper.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    Hiding things from your doctor is a good way to end up dead. I know that bashing physicians is the popular thing to do when an issue like this comes up, but it really is getting out of hand. Sure, there may be a couple of idiot doctors that cause real problems for people- but the vast majority of them aren't going to do anything that they do not believe is absolutely necessary for your own health and safety and that of those you come into contact with.

Moreover, what is the point of holding your means of defending yourself in such high regard if you're dead? If some illness you hide from your doctor kills you, your gun isn't going to help you.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I dont have any experience with anyone at these organizations, but i hope this helps:

Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

2nd Amendment Sisters (PA)

2nd Amendment Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    My only observation is that one should NEVER VOLUNTARILY say anything to a
    Dr. , Lawyer, or LEO that one would not wish to see published in a Newspaper.

Ain't that the truth.

It's not a crime to be prescribed an anti depressant and taking it for it mild depression. For that matter, it's not a crime to take pain killers if your prescribed them and are not exhibiting drug seeking behavior or addictive behaviors.

In my book alcohol is just as serious as any prescribed medications for psychiatric reasons or opiate pain medications.

The 4473 asks "Are you addicted to any controlled substance and or alcohol" I have a suspician that if one looks through a microscope hard enough that many gun owners are classic functional alcoholics. This holds true of any body of citizenry of a nation. (Please no flames, we all know somebody that is by definition addicted to alcohol and owns firearms, just as we know that people who are pro gun control have cocaine habits)

Personally my alcohol intake is practically non-existant when I compare it to my early adult years. I'm lucky to have 4 or 5 beers a week, literally.

I dont know anything about the referenced situation, but I agree, do not tell any doctor or attorney or health care professional anything that you wouldn't feel comfortable being printed on the front page of the National Enquirer.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Links