Defensive Carry banner

Do You Conceal Your Extra Mags Too?

5K views 65 replies 56 participants last post by  Miggy 
#1 ·
I did a search to see if this had been brought up before - didn't find anything. Was wondering if everyone insures that their extra mags are out of sight when carrying concealed. I know the firearm has to be, just wondering if some states require the mags to be concealed too. If the mags were to be visible, that would take away the element of surprise with the BG as well as maybe being illegal - I don't know - I know I keep mine concealed.

#17 ·
The reason I asked this question was because I was at a contingency working group meeting the other day put on by FEMA and an FBI guy was there doing a presentation and he pulled his suit jacket back a bit to get something out of his pants pocket, and there loe and behold were 2 mags on his belt. It certainly screamed that he was carrying and I didn't think that was necessarily a good idea - but then again I'm not in the FBI. The audience attending were all Feds from various agencies so we weren't a hostile group.

#24 ·
Why would it not be a good idea for anyone so authorized to carry here? Why would it not be a good idea for an FBI agent (or other cop) to carry anywhere?

#18 ·
Yes...concealed means everything is concealed.

#20 ·
yep. If my pistol is concealed so are my spare mags. It also goes the other way. If I'm carrying open so are the mags(whats the point of hiding the mags if they can already see the gun:blink:).

#26 ·
Mine are concealed in a special made back pack of mine Lara Flynt style.. they deploy automatically... it's rather ingenious.

On a side note.. yes.. I do conceal my mags.. depending on where I'm going is how I conceal them.. usually in a double mag holder.. lately however I've been thinking of buying a BUG

#32 ·
Mine are concealed in a special made back pack of mine Lara Flynt style.. they deploy automatically... it's rather ingenious.
Is that anything like the Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) backpack? :wink:

#27 ·
Do You Conceal Your Extra Mags Too?
Yes. Displaying any of the gear gives away all the gear. So, it's all concealed.

#33 ·
I've never really carried xtra mags. I always figured 1 to be enough or get outa dodge. Also too cumbersome to carry xtra stuff on a daily basis. I wonder OVERALL how many people carry xtra's at all or was I just the odd man out (guess that would b another thread). The answer to concealing yer xtra's is a no brainer but legally it's probably a grey zone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.