A strange consideration? You tell me.

This is a discussion on A strange consideration? You tell me. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bumper Very well said, rachilders. Were you flying ASW missions? If so, when Prospector gets back in country, you guys would probably ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A strange consideration? You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Very well said, rachilders.

Were you flying ASW missions? If so, when Prospector gets back in country, you guys would probably get along great. He retired with 22 years in the Navy running ASW missions, among other things....
    Yes I was, among other things. If he was in the navy back in the late 70's, he may remember the accident I was talking about, a VP-9 plane that went down in the Bering Sea. The crew was finally rescued by a Russian ship, a fishing boat I believe.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    WOW!! - excellent further input - I am grateful to all for adding so much. rachilders, VERY fine post that last one of yours. I think we are certainly all sheepdogs, just perhaps having different ways of viewing a SD shooting re its sequele.

My original distinction of BAD BG vs kid was really just creating a relative degree of possible after thought/regret. Sure as heck tho as we all agree I think - bottom line ... threat must be and WILL be stopped.

Heaven willing, none of us will have to actually find out - that is my greatest wish.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I've owned guns for almost 40 years and in all that time, I have only had one occasion where I felt I needed to draw a weapon to defend myself. That was over 20 years ago and luckily, just the sight of it was enough to prevent the situation from getting worse. Hopefully, it will also be the last time I ever need to draw a weapon to defend myself. Still, though I hope I never find myself in the position of needing a gun, I have it available and I'm willing to use it if the time ever comes again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links