Crime and inflation - reflections

This is a discussion on Crime and inflation - reflections within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is not too much doubt that recessionary trends are here - sub-primes, repo's of homes, gas prices .. a long list. Looks like too ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crime and inflation - reflections

Assistant Administrator

Crime and inflation - reflections

There is not too much doubt that recessionary trends are here - sub-primes, repo's of homes, gas prices .. a long list. Looks like too it is gonna be around a good while yet - no real end in sight with Dollar weakening so much.

IMO anyone who thinks realistically crime will drop again, ever - is probably living in a self-generated Utopia. The availability of guns for criminals - unstoppable despite the whining of the anti's - will mean more and more we will see crooks looking for the easy option to satisfy their greed.

Drugs too will still be ''hard currency'' and not going to disappear. Amazing - folks who are near penniless will still try and feed their habit - but that requires funding - theft is the obvious solution and that can be linked with attacks - ergo, even more crime.

What might that mean for us? - several things but above all I suspect, an ever present need to take carry (even more) seriously - ''anytime - any place" ... as Janq might put it! Plus too - have a plan - well, several plans ..... keep ammo stocks sensible and have a means of weathering out spells of hardship.

I am not normally a doomsday protagonist - and still am not in full but - see what is around us and for sure, to put it simplistically - things ain't gonna get any ways better, any time soon.

So - continue to watch that six - but be prepared to do it even better over coming months.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Ahhh, job security....

Really though, I've noticed that overall crime is dropping, however the worse element of society is getting worse and more violent.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good point P95Carry. I have been thinking along the same lines, but with a slightly different angle.

Here in the Atlanta area, we have a large population of Hispanic immigrants who work mainly in the construction and landscaping industry. With the housing market flat and the drought seriously impacting the landscaping business, a large percentage of the Hispanic work force is no longer generating income.

I can see it in the increased numbers of people hanging out at the day labor pick up spots.

I don't think there is another area of the country where that many laborers can find work in their chosen profession and I don't think they will go back to their home countries.

I expect to see an increase in crime, especially in areas densely populated by out-of-work Hispanics.

Distinguished Member
    P95---I have been thinking along the same lines about whats coming from an economic point, however, I had not gave it thought as how it may effect us on the crime side as you did. Aways good to be thinking.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Unfortunately, there are times when I cannot carry. It worries me. Crime is going to continue to grow. Even though gasoline is not a shortage but going up in price rapidly. If it were up to those who want to ban guns I wouldn't be able to carry as I do so now with restrictions. The drug addicts are the repeat offenders where i live. Usually for thefts, burglary, and possession.

George Orwell was definitely onto something when he penned 1984

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post

What might that mean for us? - several things but above all I suspect, an ever present need to take carry (even more) seriously - ''anytime - any place" ... as Janq might put it! Plus too - have a plan - well, several plans ..... keep ammo stocks sensible and have a means of weathering out spells of hardship.

So - continue to watch that six - but be prepared to do it even better over coming months.
    Yes, sir! Agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ahhh, job security....

Really though, I've noticed that overall crime is dropping, however the worse element of society is getting worse and more violent.
    Ihe WSJ article Saturday indicated Home Invasions (not separately tracked or reported by FBI or many locals) fell into a class of crimes that is up 13%!

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Great post p95. Furthermore i'd like to point out that while there maybe no end in sight for us, this does not mean that we cannot make a difference for the next generation; thus we still have an important purpose. So I hope everyone is keeping thier heads up, and hearts full because there are still good people out there, and we are making a positive deifference, oh yea and Good triumphs over Evil every time. Has forever, and I don't anticipate that will change, but make sure your ammo is plenty, as p95 said, and that your weapons are in good order.
    Last edited by SilenceDoGood; November 20th, 2007 at 01:57 AM.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    The perps are getting younger and more vicious.

It has been said that we are only a few missed meals from anarchy, and P95 is right to lay up a few basics for any disaster.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    IMO anyone who thinks realistically crime will drop again, ever - is probably living in a self-generated Utopia.
    A good description of the liberal mindset.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Lead Moderator
    Haven't seem a significant increase in theft yet up here. Although I don't doubt it will increase as more people get desperate ,lose jobs, ect. Prudent planning is needed now, before things get bad. If they don't , at least you are well stocked anyway.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Ihe WSJ article Saturday indicated Home Invasions (not separately tracked or reported by FBI or many locals) fell into a class of crimes that is up 13%!
    That falls under my "certain element". Largely the increase in home invasions is dirt ball vs. dirt ball. Drug dealers settiing scores or stealing each others stashes. I'm not saying innocent people are not victims in this, I know there are cases of this. I am saying that a large percentage of the increase the victim isnt so innocent as they might seem.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    in bad economic times crime tends to go through the roof.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member
    OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING!
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

P95 - Good thread and something I have thought about for some time. Pray that the SCOTUS rules correctly, pray lots, hope Hillary doesn't have her hand on the Bible/Koran on Jan 20, 2009, and have a good bit of stock on hand ( and I don't mean cattle).
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ahhh, job security....

You got that right.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links