Carrying to Christmas Dinner????????

This is a discussion on Carrying to Christmas Dinner???????? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner and I have been thinking about if I should carry or not when celebrating the holidays ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying to Christmas Dinner????????

Carrying to Christmas Dinner????????

Ok, Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner and I have been thinking about if I should carry or not when celebrating the holidays and around all the family. I know most of the family would think I was crazy if they ever found out and would want to know why in the H_ _ I would bring a gun to Christmas dinner. What if it was accidently seen?? Is this a situation I need to carry? Just wanted to know if everyone else is carrying or not for the holidays and why or why not. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, I'll be carrying. I've made the decision to be armed the rest of my life, with a few exceptions such as airports and police stations.

If a relative finds out and objects, too bad. If the objector is the homeowner where we are, and they ask me to disarm, I'll leave first. I give no one the right to disarm me. They can accept me with my gun, or not. There is no in between.

Bah humbug, lol!

Seriously, I'm not going to disarm at someone's house because they can't guarantee my safety if I do. If they don't understand or like it, we can correspond by letters or meet in public.

Okay, that sounds harsh--just got home after horrible traffic so I'm not feeling so tactful right now. But I'm wearing everywhere I go, and I'm not disarming for any friends or relatives. Done deal.

Well my .02 is, Thankfully its all cool with my family but not everyone is like that. Now do u really need it at a family members home (probably not, unless someone tries to rob the joint) & if some are not comfortable w/it then i wouldnt just so i wouldnt ruin the mood. But i for sure would carry on the way there (u never know) & just lock it up in the car while iam in there.
    I hope this helps & again just my .02 good luck

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    I'm of the opinion that it depends on your family and the relationship you have with them. While carrying is important, family is too. I would tend to respect their wishes at their home by leaving the firearm in the car. Although I might still pocket carry which is much more concealable in these situations.

OTOH, I might use it as an excuse to not see some of the more bizarre relatives.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

No.Lighten up and have a great holiday.Just my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Meh... Thanksgiving is going to be in MD this year

I plan on carrying. No reason not to. I'd imagine that only one or two people, at the most, there would even think about looking for any bulges in the obvious spots. And those are the ones who don't care.

Yes I will be carrying.

I'll be carrying concealed.
    In my family 80% of the men have concealed carry permits. Probably 40% of the women. I would not want to be a Bad Guy crashing any of our get-togethers!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Yes, I will be carrying, I don't see any reason not to since I will be either at my house, my parents, or my sister inlaws, and I carry now when I visit those places.

I am waiting for the responses from my wife's relatives that are going to be visiting from around Chicago at Christmas since they are staying at my house. I am not sure what their reactions will be if they find out, but I will have to deal with it then. Hopefully there will be time for me to invite them out to shoot during their stay, and they will want to go.

It should be a good visit, am looking forward to it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    As long as you're not drinking go for it.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

yes i will be carrying also, enough said!

Why would one NOT carry? Are the BG's taking the holidays off? Are the holidays "home-invasion-free" days, or "robbery-free" days? Has anyone found a way to accurately predict the "safe" days and the "not safe" days?

In this area, crime picks up around the holidays.

I probably don't even need to answer after I tell you this:

My nephew is an ignorant jerk who has threatened to beat the crap out of me. He is dumb as a rock, 100 pounds heavier, 6 inches taller and 30 years younger. Any question as to my plans to carry?
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 21st, 2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Edited language workarounds

All criminals don't take Xmas off. Some are Jewish or Muslim or Athiest. And even the Christian criminals that have the lowest seniority have to pull a shift and you can bet those ones will have their panties in a bunch.
    Seriously though, I'll be packing. Even if the family can't or won't entertain the home invasion possibility, what if the car breaks down going to or from? Best to be prepared to protect my family.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links